AE retains old values

barhrecords

Axe-Master
It's been so long since I used the old AE I was sure if it was the same.

But if I clear a preset and then add a block, if the block was in the preset before I cleared it, the new block will have the settings from the old preset.

I believe this is the case if you delete a block too.

1. Place a block.
2. Change a setting.
3. Delete the block.
4. Place it again.

It will have your changed setting.

Not a big deal but I didn't remember it working that way before?

Slightly related,

In doing some reverb block edits, I noticed when I changed reverb type it seemed to re-initialize a lot of the other parameters too.

Specifically the EQ settings I had dialed in.

I would have expected it to keep the changed settings in that context. This one was bugging me more than the value retention one.

It's been so long since I used the old AE I was sure if it was the same.

But if I clear a preset and then add a block, if the block was in the preset before I cleared it, the new block will have the settings from the old preset.

I believe this is the case if you delete a block too.

1. Place a block.
2. Change a setting.
3. Delete the block.
4. Place it again.

It will have your changed setting.

Not a big deal but I didn't remember it working that way before?

Doesn't sound logical to me and don't know why they made it this way. Makes much more sense that the preset is completely cleared when you use 'clear preset'. That's what the name says! I guess you have to initialize every effect and amp block individually to make sure it is cleared which is a PITA. I think this a bug (?).

Is there a way to TOTALLY clear a preset (and reset blocks completely) on the front panel?

same topic here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-e...-initializing-preset-doesnt-reset-blocks.html

Looks like this comes from the hardware, maybe the axefx does not clear the memory when deleting a block...

It was this way for me in all AE pre-3.x. Haven;t checked to see if the new version has the same issue. In the past, even saving the preset, changing to another preset and back the phantom block values were retained.....

Back
Top Bottom