AE 3.3.1 and Bot 2.6.0 Mac Problem

Axeman

Experienced
I'm not sure when this started to happen, but when I export presets in AE and update firmware with the Bot, the folder arrows don't work on the Mac. In other words, if it goes to a previous folder, I can't back out of it and into another folder with the arrows. I have to start over from the desktop and find the folder I want to expert to. It's happening in both AE and Bot. Not a problem with other apps.

I'm running OS X 10.11.1 (15B42)

Folder arrows where? In the file save dialog box? Add screen shots that show the problem maybe?

Here you go. See the < and >. They don't work. But the other list and icon format buttons do work. Same in Bot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 2.04.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 2.04.03 PM.png
    621.8 KB · Views: 17
Here is a pic from the Bot. When I press on < or >, it should go back or down a folder. It won't go back. I have to use the sidebar and choose the document folder and reclick through all the folders to find a file or export a file.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 2.06.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 2.06.22 PM.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 11
Here you go. See the < and >. They don't work. But the other list and icon format buttons do work. Same in Bot.
This is an OS X dialog. Problem is likely with El Cap. FWIW, they work for me and I'm on El Cap as well. I'd talk to Apple. :(

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 11.13.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 11.16.56 AM.png

Here is a pic from the Bot. When I press on < or >, it should go back or down a folder. It won't go back. I have to use the sidebar and choose the document folder and reclick through all the folders to find a file or export a file.
In your image, do you see where it says linked presets towards the top if you click on that it should pull down a menu with the folder history to enable you to select the previous folder.

Thank you, this helps! Curious why the arrow won't work also, especially at the beginning when it starts in a certain folder and you want to back up.

Because unless you navigate to that folder there is no navigation history. In other words, if you open the dialog box and it open right up to that window, you did not have to navigate to it. Glad it helps!

Back
Top Bottom