• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AE 3.0 - Reflection of external MIDI Input

dabert

First of all: Thank you FAS for FW11 - the Axe never sounded better - all amps! Some of the new presets are killer as well, like i.e. the Dual Clean.

AE 3.0 also works really well for me and I am glad that the wait is finally over.

One thing I noticed though is that on external MIDI Input like from my FCB1010 or Scrutinizer's Lemur template, the FX enabled / disabled state or individual block parameters are not updated in AE. I thought that AE does in "real-time" reflect whatever happens in the Axe when connected? Like before, block status changes (e.g. record / play) do work with the looper in AE, so it seems generally possible. As I have no MFC, I wonder if AE is also not updated with MFC commands?

Is this going to be added with future releases of AE? I think it would be a real beneficial feature for the workflow as typically one modifies parameters with AE and then checks results with hands AND feet. IMHO a "refresh" in AE would be highly desirable.

Also: While there are sufficient workarounds, will midi merge be re-introduced at one point in AE?

As stated before, the FW11 & AE 3.0 are great - now back to my "regulary scheduled program" - playing the Axe! :)

Top Bottom