Adya Clarity? Drinking water

JJunkie

Power User
Very off-topic I know, so please don't bother posting if you don't know or care what I'm talking about

Guys, I am interested by this product
www.waterliberty.com
which I believe is a mica-based flocculent to remove heavy metals, fluoride and chlorine from drinking water, plus add minerals in the process. It sounds like a great idea, assuming it is safe, and I did get to try some of the water and it just tasted and felt right. It actually reminded me of the natural springwater at Carlsbad, Czech republic, but the mica comes from Japan. Biotite is common enough everywhere.

My neighbour has been drinking this for 7 months and claims he no longer feels his arthritis. Sure this sounds great, but placebo can be a powerful as drugs.

After trying the water, which I was impressed by, I checked out the website (and in particular, this: The "Ugly" Truth About Adya Clarity Exposed) and... was not too impressed.
  • They are clearly pushing their own agenda
  • They use poor articulation in responding to the "common myths" - I just don't find poor English / poorly formed arguments very trustworthy
  • Testing/trials done with people seem to be very limited (i.e. 50 people trialled over a period of only 30 days)
  • Some examples they use don't appear to be relevant. e.g. comparing the concentrations of certain chemicals found in the treated drinking water against levels found in soft drinks, alcohol, aspirin tablets - things I generally try to avoid and nobody consumes as much as water.

I know there are a lot of smart people on the board, my question is: Does anybody see any "red flags" in using this stuff?

I've been studying alt health "24/24" regularly for a loooong time and yes, for me there are some red flags.

1) IMO, that product for sure is for some reason not supported by anyone I deem very knowledgeable.
I'm surprised it is still out there? I actually never come across anyone recommending it nowadays.

I've learned to never be 100% sure though. It may even be healthy after all. Nothing still surprises me.

2) Don't like the vibe of the guy that marketed it.

3) You are right about the placebo effect. Some sources claim it can be up to "99%" of many healings.
Don't underestimate it ever. (7 months sure is a nice effect though :) )
Therefore it is important to keep some belief in stuff that you think may help you (I think it's one of the few reasons some people survive chemo for a good time, or a change of lifestyle/attitude)
All the debunking going on on everything not Big Pharma can sabotage you with that, leaving you with "nothing left." That's probably why they do it so you'll revert to your "see your doctor" programming...
But there sure is a lot of false hype in alt health too!

4) Another red flag is that it was heavily marketed (like anything) by David Wolfe (money grabber) and some similar RAW fooders.

5) An important thing you can look into is the "inorganic minerals" aspect of it.
Officially, the body can not convert these for use, only plants can turn them "organic" and thereby make them more available to us.
Unofficially, I think it's not 100% impossible we may well be able to do a little of it maybe (or in urgency cases), but I would take the safe side.

^ This also means you may be littering your body with these "inorganic" minerals, blocking stuff up, etc.

For the same reason, there are discussions about the better salts even. Like a good sea salt.
These minerals too are usually said to be inorganic and "bad".
Still, they can have positive effects for a while. But "all bad stuff has its good sides" and can fool you.
And many reliable sources are promoting Celtic sea salt and the like.
Some (natural) mineral water sources for some people sure don't seem as unhealthy as you would deduct from that reasoning, maybe even on te contrary.
So it's a bit of an enigma...
In such cases, I pick the safe side and make sure not to use too much. I vary it up, or look for better alternatives to fix my problem.
Also, "A little bit of a bad thing is often a good thing," so being OCD about it is not necessary.

I could go on and on why I don't like this next guy, or think the articles are really that good, but it may give you some points about the inorganic minerals side aspects:
Salt Crimes | aquariusthewaterbearer
(IMO, he's very much a wishful thinker, New Ager and manipulator though. Sadly he seems to have many fans. They are all about 'distilled waters' (including your own ;) ) and 'no salt with inorganic minerals.')

Personally, I'm not decided on the salt issue yet. Too many that I respect are not dissing it, and even promoting it.
The above did make me a *little* more careful though. Cause I don't miss it that much at all anyway.
And you can have organic salt from celery & stuff.

So if you should decide on "inorganic minerals are bad" and Adya is from rocks, then Adya Clarity is a huge red flag.

If feel there are things to be said in favor of "alive" sundried sea salt. Less so for dead rock salts, considered a poison by some (Himalayan salt, ...).

Last edited:
We have a reverse osmosis filtered water cooler at work and it is great. We have extremely hard water here that is very heavily softened and processed, and it tastes a bit weird straight out of the tap. It's sort of an odd combination of a metallic and chlorine taste. The water from the reverse osmosis cooler tastes great. All of the off tastes are gone.

Back
Top Bottom