Advice Wanted: Guitar Painting/Refinishing or Other Options

Who's to say it wont sound different with a refin?
It is very unlikely to be anything audible if you are just doing a thin 2K overspray. But yes anything you change will affect the tone. With finish thin and hard are the most important parts. You can kill a guitar completely with a thick plasticised finish.

It is very unlikely to be anything audible if you are just doing a thin 2K overspray. But yes anything you change will affect the tone. With finish thin and hard are the most important parts. You can kill a guitar completely with a thick plasticised finish.
That's good to know.

I'm considering having my stratocaster painted. It's currently finished in sunburst with gloss urethane over ash. It's a Fender American Ultra Luxe Stratocaster, purchased early this year.

There's nothing at all wrong with the finish - it looks great and is in mint condition. So, nothing needs fixing.

I really like this guitar, but have always wanted a strat in metalic pelham blue.

I think my options are, in no particular order:

1) have the body refinished.
2) buy another body in the strat ultra luxe shape in the color I want and sell the sunburst body
3) sell my strat and replace with another in the color I want that has all the other features I like in the strat I have now.
4) or ... ?

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated!
Thanks for your ideas, everyone.

It looks like I'll get the body and headstock painted in Pelham Blue by GWM. I'll post pics when it's finished.

Back
Top Bottom