Advice to have a cleaner tone a from disto preset

link182

Hello,

Maybe a newbie question : I use standard preset on my Axe II, and I like to switch to clean tone sometimes, using the same gear.
For example, I use Das Metall preset (great tone !) on scene 1 and like to have a cleaner tone on scene 2. On what knob of effect should I modify to have a cleaner tone ? I decrease the drive, desactivate drive and use more reverb, but feel not as clean as I wonder. Do you have some advices on what parameters to change ?

Thanks

Das Metall is not an amp that I really use, but I don't think of that amp as an amp with a great clean or even semi clean tone.
If I was you I'd find an amp that you like the clean sound of and use that as the Y setting in the amp block with Das Metal as the X amp setting.
Then in scene 2 you just activate the amp blocks Y setting with the "clean amp".

Das Metall is not an amp that I really use, but I don't think of that amp as an amp with a great clean or even semi clean tone.
If I was you I'd find an amp that you like the clean sound of and use that as the Y setting in the amp block with Das Metal as the X amp setting.
Then in scene 2 you just activate the amp blocks Y setting with the "clean amp".

thks

Lower the Input Drive.. Bring it all the way down to .10 if ya have to, & just make up the vol on the master vol and output vol. The master vol may add in some gain, so ya just use the output vol.

You can also lower the Input Trim as well.

I'm doing that with the Hot Cat.. My input drive is at .70, to get it to clean up/edge of breakup. Sounds fantastic, breath taking actually! :)

Some of the High Gainers will suprize ya in how good they can sound clean. I wish the A channel of that Hot Cat was on the AFX, but...('scuse the pun), There's more than one way to skin that Cat!!

In the amp block make X your Das Metal, pick an amp that cleans up much better than a Das Metal on Y

Scene 1=X, Scene 2=Y

Match your levels
I keep cleans lower in volume than distortions because cleans cut WAY more and at the same volumes may actually be perceived as being much louder

Profit.

Back
Top Bottom