Advice on using the effects loop

L

luke

I'd like to incorporate three (mono) pedals I have into the Axe Fx effects loop. Obviously there is only one effects loop so I'd need some sort of patch bay for this, which I'd like to be midi and ideally changeable via presets (or even scenes if possible).

What are you guys using?

I wouldn't mind having the answer to that myself. From what I gather the Axe itself does not send out midi messages to other devices, if you want to do that you have to sent those messages via the MFC or another midi controller. Having the Axe send midi messages that you can program into your Axe presets via Axe Edit is one of my biggest wishes.

RJM makes a nice midi controlled loop switcher which will allow you to patch in a few different pedals. Kind of pricey though, and it makes for a pretty complicated rig

The Rocktron Patchmate works great too. I used mine for several years to control my rack before switching to the Axe FX. Nine loops or switches on my original model or 8 on the newer version. Now mine just collects dust. Joe

I've got three Voodoolab GCX switchers in another rack, and from G-Lab a 4 loop and a 2 loop switcher. I know how to send MIDI program changes via the MFC, but I would prefer to have any program and control changes be sent by the Axe so its tied together with the preset and even better individual scenes.

If I'm using a Voodoo labs GCX switcher can the MFC switch loops on and off by MIDI per SCENE? Or just by PRESET???

check out Decibel 11 Midi controller/looper pedal. I have the Switch Dr. and it works great. Decent price and built like a tank.

Back
Top Bottom