Advice on my Setup.

Kdog

Inspired
Just ordered my AXE FX 3 and I have some Options for sound. Please let me know what the Ideal sound in your opinion is.
1. Axe FX straight into a Pair of Adam A7x's
2. Axe Fx straight into my Atomic cabs.
3. Axe Fx straight into my Matrix power Amp. Then out to a Pair of Matrix Fr10's...

If you choose 3. Do I disable any amp or cab blocks.?

Matrix FR10 are amplified so no need for an amp.

I’d go 1 and 2 (assuming #2 are CLR). I owned a FR10 and found it lacked clarity especially at high volume.

Also.. .one more question. When I run out from my AXE 3 into the power amp. Can I use Humbuster cables (instrument) Into the speakers from the power amp? Or is it speaker cable only?

Also.. .one more question. When I run out from my AXE 3 into the power amp. Can I use Humbuster cables (instrument) Into the speakers from the power amp? Or is it speaker cable only?
speaker cables are used for speakers.

Indeed, Just don't have any handy right now that are longer than 6ft.
you need to use speaker cables. they are different than instrument cables, so it can carry the power coming out of a power amp.

you might plug non-speaker cables in and it may "work" but you'll destroy the cables eventually and cause other issues potentially.

speaker cables are used for speakers.
you need to use speaker cables. they are different than instrument cables, so it can carry the power coming out of a power amp.

you might plug non-speaker cables in and it may "work" but you'll destroy the cables eventually and cause other issues potentially.

Ok. I understand. Thank you.

where "issues" is a nice way of saying "fire"

Just to be clear, I can use 2 and 3 together …. So another Chain would have to be created. Maybe one for clean/ one for dirty?

Back
Top Bottom