Advice of drive block?

Im having a hard time dialing in nice organic sounding drive blocks. Im finding it difficult to get anything as organic as my pedals at this stage.

Any advice on this?

I am usingthe pedal for a covers band I play in.
We play a lot of 80s rock stuff.

I am trying to get something like a timmy pedal which is what i use on my board.

I also have a zen drive and find the fx8 doesnt quite replicate the sound of it..well not easily

Try running a PEQ block (parametric EQ) in front of the drive block and play around with the low-mid frequencies. Boosting them just a bit can really warm it up. I've also found lowering the Sample Rate to 15,000-25,000Hz works well.
I'm finding the Tube Drv 3-knob to be very responsive and more 'organic'. I know it means different things to different people but it 'feels' more like an analog stompbox than most of the other drives.

Try running a PEQ block (parametric EQ) in front of the drive block and play around with the low-mid frequencies. Boosting them just a bit can really warm it up. I've also found lowering the Sample Rate to 15,000-25,000Hz works well.
I'm finding the Tube Drv 3-knob to be very responsive and more 'organic'. I know it means different things to different people but it 'feels' more like an analog stompbox than most of the other drives.

This is a great suggestion. The Tube Drv is a great sounding drive - if you use a boost or PEQ in front it really does respond as described in Sonofiam's post. If you load the Rush Limelight preset - it was designed to be used into a clean amp and utilizes the Tube Drv a couple different ways across the scene. It is a great base to check out the settings to then tweak to your liking. :)

Not after Drive block?

Not after Drive block?
You can place it after if you like the way it works, there's no right or wrong way to use it. For me, the preference of placing it before the drive is to keep from altering the gain structure when boosting or cutting frequencies.

You can place it after if you like the way it works, there's no right or wrong way to use it. For me, the preference of placing it before the drive is to keep from altering the gain structure when boosting or cutting frequencies.
Awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom