advice needed for second pair of studio monitors

unFILTERed

Power User
i have a pair of adam a5x...like them alot. what would u guys get as a second set. yamaha ns10, auratone cubes.... and would it be ok to power them with a hifi amp, smth like technichs or yamaha?

We could ask a thousand questions like room-size, near- or far-field, small or big band/orchestra mixing, And especially does it go lower than your ordinary frfr box when properly laying bass and kick-drum tracks. And SPL concidering your particular corrected room. Not an easy solution.

its not a big room....they should be nearfield. i play, produce mostly rock, pop, electronic music...and will start this week also writing for a film. adams are small in size but they sound huge. i was thinking maybe smth like the ns10 or auratone would help to focus on a narrower freq range-mids.

Get A3's from Adam. I think you would miss the ribbon tweeter.... Or get a Sub to increase the range of your A5's.

I'm using Yamaha MSP5 for more than 10 years now. Direct, brutal, harsh, but quite honest...just like a good friend should be...

I am trying to decrease the range:) for my purposes i get enough low end from a5x in most cases...would get a sub in feature but its on the 3. or 4. position of my list.

i was thinking maybe smth like the ns10 or auratone would help to focus on a narrower freq range-mids.
I've been planning to do something similar. A single small speaker for focusing on the mids in mono. I would still want the mids to be flat and true so that rules the NS10 out. Perhaps an Avantone Mixcube??

Back
Top Bottom