Advice for best way to start with FM3

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
Hi there just a few questions as I'll be receiving the unit in a few days.

• usb problems are related to specific DAW or rather Windows version orientated?
  • I also use an axe fx ii, will it be possible to run on the same computer the different drivers and editing software?
  • Start up configuration: To start I'll just use the on board buttons with one or two exp pedals, any advice for what is the most logical 3 button setup to use ?
I use 3-5 scenes in most presets. S1 Rythm, S5 Rythm+chorus, S2 light crunch, S3 crunch, S4 crunch+delay (solo) Two types of reverb; spring or a short slab like rvb for room effect.

Hi there just a few questions as I'll be receiving the unit in a few days.

• usb problems are related to specific DAW or rather Windows version orientated?
  • I also use an axe fx ii, will it be possible to run on the same computer the different drivers and editing software?
  • Start up configuration: To start I'll just use the on board buttons with one or two exp pedals, any advice for what is the most logical 3 button setup to use ?
I use 3-5 scenes in most presets. S1 Rythm, S5 Rythm+chorus, S2 light crunch, S3 crunch, S4 crunch+delay (solo) Two types of reverb; spring or a short slab like rvb for room effect.

1 the USB issues were affecting some regardless of DAW or Mac windows
1.06 that should be out of beta soon fixes these
you may also have no issues at all

2 yes you could use FM3 and 2 at same time i think

3 try the OMG3 its a very intuitive setup then just modify it to fit your needs , but it is a great custom setup to start from

What Randalljax said..........For me, I didn't have audio issues because I do NOT use the FM3 as an interface. But the OMG3 or FM3 ONLY PATZAG kindly created and shared is AMAZING................

I’ve had an Axe-Fx III, two Axe-Fx II’s, an FM3 and an AX8 all connected simultaneously to the same computer. It works fine.

Back
Top Bottom