Bug? Advanced power amp parameters don't match for different channels on the same amp?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everyone!

Ok, so this might not be a bug, and I might be a complete idiot for bringing this up, but something tells me I may might be right about this to some extent.

I've noticed that when comparing the different advanced power amp parameters for different channels on the same amp (like Friedman BE and HBE), they differ. I'm talking about stuff that is general for the whole amp, and shouldn't be affected by the different channels. You know, stuff like transformer low and high-cut, power tube bias, b+ constant, depth frequency, that sort of stuff. I've noticed that this kind of stuff has different values, when they should be the same if the power amp is the same, which it is (or at least should be) for multiple channels on the same amp.

One good example is the before mentioned Friedman BE and HBE, where the B+ constant is 10ms in the BE and 20ms on the HBE, which to me seems odd since it's a power amp parameter that should be the same.

Another example is the Solo 99 clean and lead that have different power tube bias values. Both these models are modelled with the power amp section of a SLO100, so they should match with the Solo 100 models, but they don't. I've found similar things in some other amps/channels which share the same poweramp. NOW, some of these may be perfectly correct, but I suspect some of them might be slightly off, or maybe I'm just totally missing the point.

So, I'm basically wondering if I totally missed the point, or if some little errors have made their way into some of the models?

All the best

Guitarnerd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom