Adv Hi Cut

Jerry K.

Experienced
I've been messing around with preset 10, Brit 800. I think it sounds fantastic but I want to soften the high frequency just a bit. I turned down the treble control on page one which helps but I am a little confused with the "hi cut freq" under the adv tab. When I turn the "Low Cut freq" I hear the lows going away immediately but when I reduce the high frequency from 20000hz down to 2000hz I can't hear any difference (my hearing is fine). Am I missing something?

I do this same thing with the drive pedals and it works great.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!

It is dependent upon Damping, just like a real amp. Hi Cut is modeling the Miller capacitance at the input to the Phase Inverter. The more negative feedback, the less the Miller capacitance.

Reactions: jon
It is dependent upon Damping, just like a real amp. Hi Cut is modeling the Miller capacitance at the input to the Phase Inverter. The more negative feedback, the less the Miller capacitance.

I am not quite sure what you just said but I will think on it a bit:)

Thanks!

IMO YMMV It is easier, better to just use the hi cut (and low cut) in the cab block and leave the one in the amp alone. That is how I do it and I love the results

It can sometimes sound like something from an episode of Star Trek ;)

url

I usually adjust the following:
- Hi Cut in the cab block
- XFormer Hi Frequency (speaker tab in amp block)
- Bright Cap (when bright swiwtch is on)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom