• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Adv Hi Cut

Jerry K.

Experienced
I've been messing around with preset 10, Brit 800. I think it sounds fantastic but I want to soften the high frequency just a bit. I turned down the treble control on page one which helps but I am a little confused with the "hi cut freq" under the adv tab. When I turn the "Low Cut freq" I hear the lows going away immediately but when I reduce the high frequency from 20000hz down to 2000hz I can't hear any difference (my hearing is fine). Am I missing something?

I do this same thing with the drive pedals and it works great.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It is dependent upon Damping, just like a real amp. Hi Cut is modeling the Miller capacitance at the input to the Phase Inverter. The more negative feedback, the less the Miller capacitance.

Reactions: jon

Jerry K.

Experienced
It is dependent upon Damping, just like a real amp. Hi Cut is modeling the Miller capacitance at the input to the Phase Inverter. The more negative feedback, the less the Miller capacitance.
I am not quite sure what you just said but I will think on it a bit:)

Thanks!

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
IMO YMMV It is easier, better to just use the hi cut (and low cut) in the cab block and leave the one in the amp alone. That is how I do it and I love the results

MisterE

Power User
It can sometimes sound like something from an episode of Star Trek ;)

I usually adjust the following:
- Hi Cut in the cab block
- XFormer Hi Frequency (speaker tab in amp block)
- Bright Cap (when bright swiwtch is on)

Last edited:
Top Bottom