ADT like use on While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Larry Kehl

Inspired
I mistakenly posted most of this info on the AX8 forum last night (and have since deleted and added it here) – duh what a dunce (and too much scotch).

OK now for real this has been brought up in a few forums (e.g. aforementioned AX8) but thought I’d re-ping the community.

As a side note I read where AustinBuddy, back in 2016, had already indicted why he loved Waves Reel ADT plugin (and I’d love to see a dedicated version of that FX III)

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ect-on-live-guitar.119376/page-3#post-1423411

As mentioned above, obviously my “wish” is to have a dedicated ADT FX in the FX III and not rely on PC processing for a Waves plug in (I detest Waves) .

In lieu of this wish not being fulfilled, and after reviewing the few posts on the various forums here on this topic they all seem to end up suggesting “the usual suspects” (rotary, or chorus, or flanger or variations on that those themes). FYI rotary (or a low mix of warbled fast chorus) was the trick I had been using before I removed all my analog “stompers” off of the floor.

Although, using a rotary has never been very satisfying, neither are the others “stop-gaps.” I think we should be able to get a whole lot closer with FX III - I’m just having trouble with it other than the just mentioned “close but … “

Surely someone here, an old hand at this with the FX who is a “won’t quite till it’s right” type personality, has already successfully duplicated this sound/FX for performing the later studio Beatles covers (again e.g., Clapton’s in studio: “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” solos)

Thanks

ADT was a topic of discussion a few years ago on the AX8 forum. Maybe you're already familiar with the ideas from that thread, but in case not, here is the link:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/automatic-double-tracking-with-the-ax8.109072/

Thanks but yes I went through the AX8 forum. Actually I may have missed a partial thread somewhere but I did look at all forums mentioning ADT or double tracking (but that was usually exactly what was discussed, which is not quite same thing it needs a freguency shift ability/component as well and in mono , not stereo. Also looked at the usual suspect threads for While My guitar Gently Weeps or similar tunes that did (or sounded like - LOL ) that had ADT applied especially from White album or Sgt Peppers,

A couple Ideas, like Mokes post in that thread gave me some ideas but .... I think all that needs to be done after "delay" (and when I get time I'm play with it) is pull out the second signal out, apply tiny frequency shift (or even random very tiny FM shifts) not phase shift, then mix/merge it back in again - in mono.

Back
Top Bottom