Adrian Smith and Richie Kotzen collaboration

Is that Iron Maiden Adrian Smith? He's aged well.

Kotzen makes me hate the fingers on my right hand. Just want to chop them off... useless.
Yes. Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden.
Yeah. Kotzen’s left hand legato is scary even back in his Shrapnel days.

Loved it.

I too am shocked that Adrian Smith has that voice. I'm surprised Maiden never took advantage of it. He was always my favorite Maiden guitarist.

Try and find 'Silver and Gold' by ASAP - was released in about 89, this was the Adrian Smith project

Agree, best guitarist by far!

Kotzen is my favorite underdog shredder, his video is the only one as good as petruccis....and I absolutely loves Fever Dream- glad to see the original shredders and masters of metal guitar are collaborating and working together at these stages in their lives - it wouldn’t have happened 20 years ago so it’s cool they are trying it now

Also this is like his best song:

They deleted the duo/doubled vocals for some reason on Fever Dream, OR maybe it was Vai who did the scoring and chose to double Ritchie's voice for the soundtrack mix! IDK, but thats a cool Bill and Ted trivia that id love to know...anyway, enjoy it, Richie at his best and he doest overdo his solo, the biggest thing is a little string skipping and tapping which is his signature anyway....LMK if you like this mix or fever dreams?!??

Kotzen is my favorite underdog shredder, his video is the only one as good as petruccis....and I absolutely loves Fever Dream- glad to see the original shredders and masters of metal guitar are collaborating and working together at these stages in their lives - it wouldn’t have happened 20 years ago so it’s cool they are trying it now
Electric Joy is in my top 10 instrumental albums. So good!

I was actually a little disappointed back then when he started focusing more vocal tunes but he's got such a great voice.

Smiths a great singer and guitarist. He did vocals on a b side for maiden in the 80s called Reach Out - bit cheesy but a catchy enough tune. I’m a big fan of his playing, great phrasing and writes some really memorable melodic solos. His work on Accident of Birth, Dickinson solo album and Balls to Picasso is great.

Back
Top Bottom