AFIII Adrenalinn style sequencer flanging

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
There was a conversation in another thread about Adrenalinn style sequencer flanging. It didn't really belong there, but I didn't want to trash this recording I did to demonstrate the technique, so here it is.

Pasting:

"Here's a super short demo of what I mean. It's just a very basic 16-step sequence mapped to time in the flanger, but listen how a resonant melody ties chords together. (And, I dialed in scale degrees that wouldn't restrict using multiple keys/modes but then still played in one key anyway :-/)

This demo is made up of some keyboard drums, a stupid synth bass, and a few power chords. During the 2nd half I overdub some notes for harmonic emphasis. Logic keeps the sequencer perfectly in sync across takes with an external controller to start it on the downbeat.

By the way, this is a factory preset with only very minor tweaks! Can anyone find it?"

Last edited:
Really like this - not sure of the preset though. I'll see if I can figure it out when I get home and I have my AxeFX III in front of me.

There was a conversation in another thread about Adrenalinn style sequencer flanging. It didn't really belong there, but I didn't want to trash this recording I did to demonstrate the technique, so here it is.

Pasting:

"Here's a super short demo of what I mean. It's just a very basic 16-step sequence mapped to time in the flanger, but listen how a resonant melody ties chords together. (And, I dialed in scale degrees that wouldn't restrict using multiple keys/modes but then still played in one key anyway :-/)

This demo is made up of some keyboard drums, a stupid synth bass, and a few power chords. During the 2nd half I overdub some notes for harmonic emphasis. Logic keeps the sequencer perfectly in sync across takes with an external controller to start it on the downbeat.

By the way, this is a factory preset with only very minor tweaks! Can anyone find it?"

Matt, is the preset Arpeggiator M@ness?

Back
Top Bottom