Adobe Sucks

No doubt. Although I’d imagine Adobe would have quite a list of products over the decades of existence now. As I said, if they actually wrote an update for your particular product, they should provide it. As a rule, we can all buy a piece of software or even hardware for that matter and once its outside of its warranty period, the company is really under no obligation to keep that product running in perpetuity.
Gibson just told me to throw my 1500 dollar KRK monitors in the river because I’m SOL for a new tweeter. They no longer support a monitor they sold 5 years ago. Cant fix it, cant sell me a replacement part and cant recommend a solution outside of buy a new pair. Yea it sucks, yea its shit service but they can sure do it.
For your tweeters, try New England Speaker, 781 438-1786.

Don't know if they still exist, but they're worth a try. I needed to repair my Tannoy monitors a while ago, and their physical shop was closed, but a tech met me in a parking lot for drop off and pickup, and they did good work, like they always have.

IA: What is the version:

Me: Acrobat 10.1.16.

A: I can't help you with that.

Me: What? Just give me the friggin' file. There's a link. The file must be somewhere.
I get frustrated with Adobe as much as anyone, and I’m not crazy about the subscription model, but in fairness, that’s an ancient version. Correct me if I’m wrong, but customer support for that version was discontinued years ago. I think he was trying to tell you you’re on your own if you want to use that version.

Calling out your oxymoron there sir!
ya! I guess the "valued" is past tense - many organizations have learned to see value in newly acquired customers, but then quickly relegate those to the "just feed them shit for service" pile - a lot of these call centers + the orgs that create them, refuse to empower their service reps - scripting them into narrow pigeon holes of possible responses to customers and penalizing them when they show any resourcefulness in getting to the bottom of customer issues (Ganesh may be a PITA, but remember, he's probably working with his hands (mind) tied behind his back). Micromanagement can be a curse but some exceptional visionary leaders we've seen (Jobs) never took their eye off the detail and nipped that kind of crap in the bud - too few of these.

Reactions: jon

Don't know if they still exist, but they're worth a try. I needed to repair my Tannoy monitors a while ago, and their physical shop was closed, but a tech met me in a parking lot for drop off and pickup, and they did good work, like they always have.
They've been gone for a few years now. Can't find anyone that used to work there that can do re-cones.

I went to the 'shop' when they were near closing, and it was literally empty except for a few (fixed) speakers on shelves waiting to be picked up.
I said to the lovely gentleman in the sweatpants - you guys going out of business?
Him - (throws his arms up and looks around the empty room) I don't know...I have no idea.
Don't know why, but it made me laugh at the time. For anyone familiar with this place back in the day - excellent work, great prices....but the grumpiest people on the planet (not the techs, the 2 guys who owned/ran the place).

no active subscription? Then middle finger for you!
BTW the world is coin operated these days...

Sweetwater finally tracked down the right tweeter, thankfully. triple S in nj fixed the amp after.

If you're just using Adobe Acrobat for viewing PDF's, it's awful. Slow bloatware.

I swapped to Sumatra a couple years back and have loved it ever since. It opens PDF's as fast as notepad opens TXT files. It's amazing. It can't edit PDF's or anything, but as a viewer, you can't beat it.

Chrome opens PDFs as well if you just drag the file into it. One less program to download. I would only install acrobat if I had to create PDFs.

“Our Board of Directors is focused on creating long-term value for Adobe stockholders.“
Can someone help me find any mention of a customer here?

No mention of customers but also no mention of happy employees. America, Europe, it's all the same.

Why should they let you get away with buying it once, when they can make you rent it and pay every year or whatever, forever?

Back
Top Bottom