ADMIN: MFC stopped "Down Scrolling": during performance

jandjrs

Inspired
Admin:

I"m using the AF II and the MFC 101. Both units have the latest firmware udates and patches. I'm using the factory presets (version "C") The MFC is set up with #1 thru #5 as presets and #6 thru #17 as IA. After 20 minutes of use durning a performance yesterday, the MFC stopeed working properly. I was using patches # 30, 35 & 40. I was not able to "Down Scroll" through the presets. Nor was I able to make changes using #1 thru #5 on the MFC. I was able to "Up Scroll" but still unable to make changes using #1 thru #5.

Steps taken with Negative results:

1. reboot AF II
2. disconnect and connect MFC (using Cat5)
3. reboot AF II again.

At this point i believe the MFC was reading "FW information" and after pushing some buttons the MFC showeed 000

There was no time to read a manual during a derformance so I went thru the steps of doing a a factory restore of the MFC.
ie Power off the MFC (using Cat5) and then power back on while holding down switch #11
Press the red blinking ENTER switch on the MFC (#14)
Clicking the “EDIT” switch on the MFC -> MIDI (#4) then using the up/down buttons to EXPANSION.
Clicking the “EDIT” switch on the MFC -> SETUP (#5) then using the up/down buttons . choose the II Click “EDIT” again to save.

It was at this point that all of the equipment was working properly.

Some after thoughts:

I updated the factory presets to version "C" three days prior to this incident and did the global parameters sync. Did I overlook any steps for the MFC when I did the update? (There seemed to be no problems on the days in between)

I've had the same issue again with the MFC. After 10 minutes of use, I was able to scroll up the bank but not down. At the same time, the switches (#1 thru #5) would not allow any changes when pressed. I disconnected the MFC via the Cat5 and rebooted the AF II multiple times to correct the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Any Ideas?

As the problem occurs for the third time, twice within the last 30 minutes, I disconnect and connect the Cat5 at the MFC. The MFC display now reads "FW Update Mode".

Any help Admin?

I have had the same problem using an Ultra and all the latest firmware with both. The MFC is on song mode with all 15 switches set as presets. The same thing twice now after an hour or so of use, it freezes and and won't down scroll and just a few switches work intermittently. If I reboot both units it seems to come back after a while. In the mean time I have put a few emergency patches in the upper numbers so I can "scroll up" to get a clean, crunch and solo patch to keep playing. Its very very disconcerting after paying so much for the board. I think its a great piece of kit when it works properly, but its of no use to me if its going to be problematic, or require some sort of back up unit.
Any answers from Fractal or other users?

Thanks,

Trizealand

Maybe some insight into what might be causing this bug... Or it might just be coincidence. I never had this problem after several months of use until last night when I turned "Ignore Redundant PC" on in the Axe. Once the issue started I turned it back off, but the problem persisted. Perhaps these two are related?

With no responses thru this forum, I contacted Fractal. They advised that my situation sounded like switch 1 was sticking due to dirt. (??? the unit was 1 month old) The Fractal solution was to depress the switch about a dozen times as the switches are self cleaning. I did that to switch 1 and the other 16 and there has been no problem in the past 2 weeks. I don't know if your issuue is the same but it is worth the try. I'll update this post if the problem should arise in the future.

Not sure now that this is the solution. Last night the same thing happened but none of the IA switches would work either. Just scroll up. I feel like this is a software issue...?

Back
Top Bottom