Adjusting levels on the fly

neale dunham

Experienced
So, im about to give my fx 3 its maiden voyage next weekend.

One thing that concerns me is this.....

With my current Marshall Jvm set up, i constantly change my parameters on stage whilst playing the first few numbers. the things i change most frequently during the first few minutes of the gig are Gain Levels, Channel Volume, and diallingin eq settings to suit the room conditions as the rest of the band starts to play.

I only use the Axe for back line and dont have a sound guy nor someone to program sounds on-the-fly so to speak. i utilise a lot of different distortion sounds live which doesnt allow me to soundcheck every song before the gig.

This seems virtually impossible to be able to this easily using the fx3? unless you start diving into menus etc which is not practical compared to a real amp which i can adjust with one twiddle whilst still playing.

Does anybody have a solution to this issue?

Thanks

Relevant to the OP... Is there a way to use an external/FC switch + expr pedal to say set input volume (e.g. at 80% of sweep), then hit the switch to use the pedal to modify output volume (e.g. VOL, OUT, or scene) on the fly -- and go back and forth as needed?

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the "not-a-fan-of-adjusting-levels-on-the-fly" school of musos.
I used to do that - before going to modeling/FAS products - and spent an inordinate amount of time during a gig "playing" with my amp settings, kneeling in front of it. It became a never ending cycle of adjust, listen, adjust, listen, adjust some more, yada, yada, yada. Gigs weren't FUN !!
I subsequently learnt to get those down at home/practice, etc after a close friend suggested I put the band name on the back of my shirt as the audience saw more of that than my face! (Ouch.. that cruel-to-be-kind feedback hurt, but ..)
Now, I seldom change settings at a gig - other than volume and moving from preset to preset!

I'm in the "not-a-fan-of-adjusting-levels-on-the-fly" [...] other than volume

Right, that's mostly what the OP (and I) are asking. Volume and maybe gain/EQ. For on-the-fly EQ adjustments, I imagine a tilt/shelving filter block on the perform page or connected to an exp pedal could work.

As previously and politely asked for AxeFX3/FC6-12, the Vol Inc/Dec per Scene was a controller we were having in AxeFX2/MFC101.

I hope we will see come back soon for our great AxeFX3/FC6-12.

I think this is what you need.

Back
Top Bottom