Wish Adjustable boost, like the Axe-Fx III

From the AXE III wiki:

• "Boost types" have been integrated into the Amp block: Neutral (same as former Boost), T808, T808 Mod, Super OD, Full OD, AC Boost and Shimmer. These act as clean boosts replicating the oft-used “Drive on 0, adjust Level as desired” boost technique. This allows boosting the Amp block without requiring a separate Drive block. The "Boost Level" parameter controls the amount of boost.

I would be nice but I wouldn't expect it just because this feature is only in the Axe FX III which has significantly more CPU to handle the extra cost of a boost. It's like the compressor function in the amp block. When you engage them the CPU cost of the amp block increases.

it will likely be a feature in the updated hardware version that i am convinced is days away from announcement.(disclaimer... i got no inside info whatever)
There's no doubt in my mind that the next version of the AX-8 will be a variant of the Axe FX III so I'd bet the Amp Boost function will be in it.

Last edited:
As it's nothing but an EQ and some volume boost which both are comparatively simple algorithms there's no reason it can't make it's way into the AX8 from a CPU resource perspective.

Even if you were just able to adjust the 10dB of clean boost would already be a great start. This can't possibly take any extra CPU?

Even if you were just able to adjust the 10dB of clean boost would already be a great start. This can't possibly take any extra CPU?

If all that's needed is a clean boost to drive the input stage of the amp block then why not just use the pre-EQ and the input gain to achieve what a drive pedal with gain set to 0 and level set to 10 would do ? If the input gain is not sufficient just place a null filter block or a volume block in front of the amp block and crank the filter/volume blocks level dial.

If all that's needed is a clean boost to drive the input stage of the amp block then why not just use the pre-EQ and the input gain to achieve what a drive pedal with gain set to 0 and level set to 10 would do ? If the input gain is not sufficient just place a null filter block or a volume block in front of the amp block and crank the filter/volume blocks level dial.

There are many workarounds, which is both a blessing and a curse. Maybe I want a global foot switch for boosting an amp, and have that be a 6dB for a Fender clean, and 3dB for a Morgan? Its all possible, but a simple number next to the boost would make it so much easier.

But like I said, this would be a 'start', something probably not costing any extra DSP and not much programming (I'm no expert, so correct me if I'm wrong). Having the option of choosing clean/ts808/fet etc. like the Axe3 would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom