Adhesive-backed Tie-Mounts

claxor

Power User
Guys,

What kind of adhesive-backed tie-mounts do you recommend for securing audio cables to the underside of a Pedaltrain pedal board?

Thanks!

There was a thread about this several months ago, as I said then I suggest these type which can be found at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

EDIT; For some reason I can't post a link right now but just Google 'zip tie mounts' and you'll find them all over the internet.

Last edited:
EDIT; For some reason I can't post a link right now but just Google 'zip tie mounts' and you'll find them all over the internet.

I think you're referring to these;

21244FL.gif

What size of these do you recommend for the PedalTrain?
The Pedaltrain boards as most folks know come in several sizes, not only in Height x Width but also the size of the tubular metal that is used. Your best bet is is to simply measure the surfaces you need to attach the zip tie mounts to to determine the best size for you. Keep in mind you may want the smallest size depending on whether your mounting to a vertical surface or a wider size on one of the horizontal surfaces.
If all else fails...hell they're so in expensive buy a bag of 3/4" and a bag of 1" that way your covered with plentyy of leftovers for other projects. One thing I do advise though use the largest you can to gain the maximum adhesive strength.

The foam two sided tape ones dry rot and stop holding eventually. I got some that have a screw hole where you screw them down. Ymmv

The foam two sided tape ones dry rot and stop holding eventually. I got some that have a screw hole where you screw them down. Ymmv

I ran into this too. Now I just use small zip ties all the way around rails. They are dirt cheap so I just clip them off when I re-do my board.

I wire all my audio and power first using velcro to get the general routing like I want. Then zip it all up with the zip ties. I make sure the zip connector is on the bottom side of the board and clip the excess tie (because I am a guitar nerd like that! :) )

What about if I use dual lock on the top of the pedal train? If I also use just zip-ties alone on the underside (without the adhesive mounts) will there be an issue trying to attach the MFC and expression pedals? (the zip-tie in this scenario wraps completely around the pedal train rail; I'm not sure if it will block the MFC from attaching to the pedaltrain

I suppose that depends on who makes them. I've got some that have been stuck to the side of the reverb tank of my Mesa-Boogie Mk IV for over 16 years with no sign of letting go. But they also have a screw hole in the middle which comes in handy on wood surfaces because they don't stick very well to wood.

interesting.. i have some brand new in a bag and the tape no longer works, have to scrape off, and just screw down.

Back
Top Bottom