Addressing Power Amp OR Cabinet Issues...

marklumsley

Okay, before I start: my Axe-Fx II XL+ works perfectly fine on its own through PA equipment and it doesn't look like there's anything I changed at all in the menus regarding power amp settings before things went awry.

So I think either my guitar cabinet or my power amp is busted, but I have no way of telling since this is my first time dealing with a busted guitar cab OR a busted power amp.

The power amp is a Velocity 300 (yes, yes, I know haha). It's powering on okay and the lights are on and everything seems functional etc., but I'm not hearing anything no matter how high I crank the knobs.
I've tried a multitude of different cables also (yes, all the right types haha).

Is there something I can plug into or out of either the power amp or cabinet that will get some sort of positive result? The prospect of replacing either one right now is making me nauseous. -_-

You can plug your guitar straight into a power amp and get a sound out to cab.. may not be a pleasant tone with no preamp in front, but you can trouble shoot if its working. You can also plug your Axe FX directly into the cab with no power amp and get a extremely low volume sound out of it to narrow stuff down. I doubt the cab is the problem tho unless a wire came off.. you can visually check that. Prob a problem with power amp if AxeFx signal is good. Check the fuses.

Back
Top Bottom