Adding LED to Switch Box - Use With MFC-101

Warrior

Power User
I have 2 switch boxes that have 2 switches in each. I plug this into my MFC and currently use them to control scenes (4).

I would love to use one of them to control Amp X/Y (for example) but not having an LED indicating which amp is selected (Red/Green) makes it less desirable.

Does anyone know if an LED like this can be added?

If so, how is it powered?

FT3A7IFGDM6U5XK.MEDIUM.jpg

The switches need to be DPDT, if they are SPST or SPST then you'd need to upgrade the switches.
Use the Blue/Red side of this diagram and choose whatever color LEDs you desire.
The battery is fine although I'd tend to use a 9v dc power supply I use for my external pedals for simplicity and because I prefer hitting one switch to turn on my AxeFx II and then powered monitors.

Last edited:
Bill of Materials:
4 x 4k resistors
4 x red LEDs
4 x green LEDs
4 x DPDT footswitches (Latching) i.e, not momentary.
2 x mini 1/8" output jack (for 9 v dc input) (Only need one if switches are all in the same casing)

Meant to say thank you. Sorry so late.

My switches are DPDT.
I'm not very good at reading schematics. I'll have to study this to see if I can figure it out.

By doing that.. works with some minimal issues.. once there is no comunication from axe fx to your switches.. so they can indicating wrong state.. you must to correct all time when you turn on or change configs on axe fx.. to do it correctly you need a more powerfull circuit.. like a diy by using an arduino..or accept the extra work when you turn on the axe fx.

Last edited:
By doing that.. works with some minimal issues.. once there is no comunication from axe fx to your switches.. so they can indicating wrong state.. you must to correct all time when you turn on or change configs on axe fx.. to do it correcty you need a more powerfull circuit.. like a diy by using a arduino..or accept the extra work when you turn on the axe fx.

Are you saying that if I wire the switches with LED's as described by "Rexgtr", I will have to configure them (in the Axe-FX or MFC) every time I turn the unit on?

On that way there is no comunication from axe fx to personal external switch. it means that your effect may be active and the led not or contrary, since the external switch doesn't read the axe state.. the same way if you change in axe fx menu the state of the external switch led also won't change. so you must to enable or bypass the effect in axe's menu according the led status to be sicronized always you turn on the axe. That is the reason people prefer to use external switches as a momentary IAS

Last edited:
The correctly way to do this is build a midi foot yourself by using arduino or something like that.. so you can comunicate by midi first with the external switches by using a midi thru out to midi in MFC.. it's a huge work and programmer needs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom