Adding individual pedals to the effect chain

formercakid

If I am using the 4 cable method and I want to add individual pedals (such as a drive stomp box pedal) to the FX8MKII effect chain how do I do it? What is the cable routing?

It all depends on what you are using the external effects for. You have four places to put them depending upon the purpose of the pedal(s).

1. Before the IN [PRE] - Between the guitar and the FX8.
2. After the OUT [PRE] - Between the FX8 and the Amp's input.
3. Before the IN [POST] - Between the Amp's effect send and the FX8 "return" or Post input.
4. After the OUT [POST] - Between the FX8 and the Amp's effect return.

Thanks...It' a Rockman Sustainor...It needs to have an fx8 eq block before and right after the Sustainor. The Sustainor has a fx loop in it. Normally you would run the 1st EQ through the loop. How do I incorporate the Sustainor into the FX8 effect chain?

Guitar > FX8 EQ > Sustainor > FX8 EQ > FX8 Chorus > FX8 Delay > FX8 Reverb > Combo amps power amp....?????????????

Only way I can think of to use two switchable EQ blocks:
Guitar to:
> FX8 IN [PRE] - {EQ last block in Pre section of FX8} (other Pre effects - Drives, wah etc...)
> FX8 OUT [PRE]
> Sustainor
> Amp's Input
> Amp's Effect Send
> FX8 IN [POST] - {EQ first block in Post section of FX8}, (modulations and time based effects)
> FX8 OUT [POST]
> Amp's Effect Return

Because it's a preamp and the amps preamp would then color the sound. It's most suited to go into a power amp or the power amp section of a guitar amp.

Back
Top Bottom