Adding extra switches

Wildwind

Experienced
Not sure how to best explain this.

On my Axe-FX II, I ran four Boss FS-5U switches and found it easy to assign them to toggle other FX. Can I do that with the AX8? On the Axe II, it was done via the MFC using the MIDI codes. Very easy.

I am running Scenes on the AX8, which I usually didn’t do on the Axe II. Does that matter?

Thanks!

you are always "running Scenes" because even if you don't use them, you're using Scene 1.

add Switches in the I/O CTRL panel - change the effect you want from the default number to the Pedal jack number you want.

Understood on the Scenes point. My intent was to to avoid multiple responses as to the use of Scenes to answer my concerns.

I will follow your suggestion and see how it works out. Thanks for responding!

Greg

The pedal outs on the back of the AX8 can do almost anything. you can hook one FS5L (I am assuming you are going to want latching otherwise you would have to hold the button down to keep the effect running) to each of the 4 pedal outs and assign them to any effect or control parameter you want. You won't be able to use an expression pedal if you are using all 4 for switches.

Also you may want to check out the Voes MC5 jr, this is midi controlled and looks like an extra row of buttons. Here is the website and an image of the product.
https://www.voes.be
photo-04.jpg

How would you, just as an example, engage/bypass a drive block with an external switch like the FS5?

Never knew about the Voes unit. Interesting! And not p;riced too badly. Will check into that further.

Petunia, on the MFC, it was pretty easy. Edit mode, look for the external switch settings and program the switch using the MIDI codes in the manual. It must default to latching mode. The FS-5U is not latching, if I'm not mistaken, but worked perfectly. I've been too busy (getting ready to move, plus getting ready for a gig this weekend), so I have not worked on this as of yet. I'm assuming it will be pretty easy, maybe even doable via Ax8-Edit.

Thanks for your responses!

The pedal outs on the back of the AX8 can do almost anything. you can hook one FS5L (I am assuming you are going to want latching otherwise you would have to hold the button down to keep the effect running) to each of the 4 pedal outs and assign them to any effect or control parameter you want. You won't be able to use an expression pedal if you are using all 4 for switches.

Also you may want to check out the Voes MC5 jr, this is midi controlled and looks like an extra row of buttons. Here is the website and an image of the product.
https://www.voes.be
photo-04.jpg
I cant wait to receive my Voes mc-5jr. How long did yours take to,arrive? Mine shipped on July 2nd, but I’m still waiting.

I’ve experienced serious issues with my Voes MC-5jr.

I refrained from completing reviews as Voes assured a robust fix for the model.

Back
Top Bottom