Added to the wait list!

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I hope I have anyway. Me too. I've had it with this. I have an Ultra that I love, but I don't like the built in obsolescence. Is there still a waiting list? Hopefully I was added yesterday.

If you don't like technology progression, maybe you should only buy things built with technology that's mature (you know, like hand-wired tube amps).

ANYTHING made with digital electronics is gonna be faster/better and/or cheaper tomorrow. But I don't see how that is 'built-in obsolescence'; does your Ultra no longer do the things it did when you first got it? Is it unusable, now that something better has come along?

In the three months between selling my Ultra and getting my II, I used a Yamaha DG Stomp. Those are what, 12 years old or more? And yet they still sound great.

If you don't like technology progression, maybe you should only buy things built with technology that's mature (you know, like hand-wired tube amps).

ANYTHING made with digital electronics is gonna be faster/better and/or cheaper tomorrow. But I don't see how that is 'built-in obsolescence'; does your Ultra no longer do the things it did when you first got it? Is it unusable, now that something better has come along?

In the three months between selling my Ultra and getting my II, I used a Yamaha DG Stomp. Those are what, 12 years old or more? And yet they still sound great.

You're obviously not familiar with Metric Halo. I know Henry is!!

Hm. I'm not sure what you're talking about. The Ultra has no future. It's a closed system at the moment. There's room for the II to grow. Metric Halo is labeled as "future proof." These guys are dedicated to updating their HARDWARE when needed. At least they have up to now! This future proof model has spoiled me. I now kind of expect every other digital and hardware company to be as dedicated. But that's unfair, I know.

This was not a rip or an dig at Fractal AT ALL. It's merely an observation that I'm jumping into the II fray. But in terms of the Ultra, which I love, I don't expect a lot of firmware updates, or attention. It's memory is pretty used up, I understand. There's nowhere else for it to go. Whereas the II has many years of development ahead of it.

Henry!!! Just wanted to share with you...I arrived at "that place in FL" (training) on wednesday night last week and my II showed up the following day. I won't get to see it for a little over a year!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
LOL Probably not, but who knows? Does anyone know how long the wait is these days? If I ordered it yesterday am I stil looking at months? Weeks? Have they begun catching up with demand yet?

Back
Top Bottom