Added a second cab using AE3 and brittle treble occurred (solved)

is9582

Power User
I'm not 100% certain this isn't user error, but here goes. I brought up preset 078 Aye Cee 30, which sounded awesome. I decided I'd see what it sounded like by changing the cab to Factory 96 while turning on the drive. It was totally amazing. The only thing I modified after changing the cabs was to remove any extra mic as was initially on the original cab. I decided I'd make it so it was stock on scene 1 and have this nice lead tone on scene 2, so I added a second cab below the original slot and placed factory 24 in that spot, and turned the mic back on, while changing the parameters so they matched. When playing through the preset with either cab by itself, I'm getting super brittle high end that I wasn't getting before saving the patch.

I've included the preset so you can see if I've just mucked it up or if perhaps there is an issue. As info, I used the front panel of the AxeFX to save the patch, which is what I think I read was suggested.

Thanks for any assists.

Lee

Attachments

• Aye Cee 30.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't looked at the preset but it probably is because the other cab which is bypassed needs to be set to Mute (Bypass Mode parameter).
Otherwise it's passing direct signal in the parallel row.

That's probably it. I even looked at that thinking about changing it but didn't. I'll give that a try and make sure to remember that next time. Thanks for the quick response.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom