Wish Add VU meter to Ax8 Edit

I would like that as well, and even more, I would like the different compression gain reduction meters.

But it is my understanding that currently the Ax8 <-> Ax8edit communication is way to slow for that.

Opening a DAW is not really a reasonable workaround, IMO. And not everyone does recording and has an audio interface.

In the mean time, I will continue to use VU meters from the face of the unit, but I do 99% of my preset building in AX8-Edit. Adding a VU meter directly in AX8 Edit would be an awesome enhancement.

Opening a DAW is not really a reasonable workaround, IMO. And not everyone does recording and has an audio interface.

In the mean time, I will continue to use VU meters from the face of the unit, but I do 99% of my preset building in AX8-Edit. Adding a VU meter directly in AX8 Edit would be an awesome enhancement.
Don't get me wrong, I agree that AX8-Edit VU MEters would be sensational. To my thinking, the response does not have to be real time, some lag would be okay as the key is to get a visual representation of the peaking / normal levels.

Can we add access to the VU meter from Ax8 Edit

+1

AX8-Edit would be great, would anyone else like a quicker way of getting to it from the Utility menu as well? Like an assign footswitch or a quick key combination that would bring it right up on the display? Unless I am the only one who is unaware of a quicker way to get to it without 4-5 button presses + scrolling?

If full audio can be sent over USB into a DAW, and a DAW plug-in can have a meter, why couldn't Axe-Edit? I get Axe8-Edit probably can't.
AX8-Edit doesn't use a custom protocol to communicate with the hardware. It uses MIDI. Also note: the AX8 doesn't do audio over USB either. As I said: limitations.

AX8-Edit doesn't use a custom protocol to communicate with the hardware. It uses MIDI. Also note: the AX8 doesn't do audio over USB either. As I said: limitations.

Yes, I understand. This was a side-question about if it can be added to Axe-Edit, not Ax8-edit.

Not for sending audio or real-time updates, but it could potentially be done by sending samples (sending one update / second with the peak for that time frame, for example). If the tuner works in the editor, there should be a way to do this.
Sampling is an interesting idea. The tuner sampling resolution is pretty low in the editor. Personally, I'd prefer peak indicators on the hardware itself over integration with AX8-Edit. But lower resolution, peak sampling could make it work.

Back
Top Bottom