Add the Boss DS-1 and Keeley modded DS-1

Add the Boss DS-1 and Keeley modded DS-1?

• Total voters

moab

Inspired
Boss DS-1 and Keeley modded DS-1 to be added to the roster. Countless artist including Steve Vai and Joe Satriani use this pedal to get great sustaining distortion for over the top leads. These are iconic distortion pedals that definitely deserve their place in the Axe-Fx.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Keeley modded DS-1, but as popular as the stock DS-1 is I don't really need it in the Axe-FX. I think the stock version sounds terrible.

I had the Keeley Seeing Eye Mod and I sold it to a friend. Sometimes I miss it a bit, but with the Axe-FX I don't really need it any more. I had a chance to A-B it with a stock DS-1 at a local music store and the difference was pretty amazing... so amazing that the guys from the store bought a bunch of DS-1's and TS-9's and sent them to Keeley to mod.

Thanks for the link to your DS-1 Mod settings. I also own this pedal modded by keeley, although I don't use it that much.

Cheers

Thanks Prometh. It's been awhile since I sold my Keeley Ultra SEM, so I can't comment on the comparison, but your basic settings gave me a good starting point to dial in some nice boosts for a few patches. I hadn't really played around much with the modding the Rat like that, but I'm really digging it now.

Back
Top Bottom