Wish Add Scenes 1-5 to Looper Control Mode

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
Looper Control Mode (LCM) is convenient for using another "layer" of the switches to control the Looper block functions in the MFC. however, many people generally loop with a "clean tone" then switch Scenes to a "lead tone" to play over the loop.

even with using LCM set to Short press, you have to

hit reveal to enter LCM
Loop
hit reveal to exit LCM
change scenes - solo
change scenes back to clean
hit reveal to enter LCM
stop the loop
hit reveal to exit LCM for further scene or preset changes

lots of steps.

k3ipshc.png

i notice that there are 6 unused switches in LCM: 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

would it be possible to use these switches for Scene Selection?

ideally, move the BYPASS function to Switch 9, leaving an entire row available for Scenes 1-5, and then hardcode switches 11-15 to Scenes 1-5. sure, that wouldn't help people with Scenes 6-8, but it's a start and many use 5 Scenes max it seems.

this still leaves switch 16 unused - it'd be nice to have this as a Boost switch, but everyone uses different methods for boosting.

it would be even BETTER if the unused switches could be just programed like a normal IA switch - either Axe or General MIDI functions. i'd still suggest moving BYPASS from 11 to 9. then you could put any scenes or any other functions on the unused 6 switches.

LCM is great mostly because of the logic between the Rec and Play switches - pressing Rec a 2nd time turn ON the Play switch - this is not possible in any other type of configuration.

lots of recent threads, but some over the years as well requesting similar work arounds. but this idea may solve a lot of those requests.

no workaround: the looper "layer" is fixed. Workaround would be doing NONE Axe-Fx IAs on the IA (REVEAL) layer and programm them to looper functions.

Chris@Great idea! Even if the coolest thing would be, if we could program this second IA-layer completely free, like the "normal" IA layer. With new Looper Entrys for IA-Switches, which shown the Looper things in the MFC display, when selected ...

I found I like external switches for rec/play/overdub which I can always have active instead of trying to switch back and forth between looper and normal mode.

Its certainly a great idea you have, Chris, and a useful one at that.

I went to external switches just due to necessity more than anything, but then found that I like a momentary switch (keyboard sustain pedal actually) because its easier to hit while playing. Its like 4x4 inches so I can't miss it, and its set up to start recording the loop soon as its depressed and then stop recording (auto play) when I let off. Just far less coordination do it that way than trying to it the MFC switches in time, while also playing guitar.

Back
Top Bottom