Wish Add Pitch Follower Controller range

hippietim

Axe-Master
It would be very handy to be able to configure the pitch follower to only trigger within a limited and deterministic pitch range. I've wanted something like this a number of times. I'm not even sure what the actual range is to begin with.
  • Using a Pitch block with fixed harmony to add a lower octave for a bass patch - I'd like it to not go any lower than the pitch of the open A string. From there I'd configure the modifier for Mix to use the Pitch Follower with a pretty quick ramp to around 50:50. So the range would be Low = A and High = Max.

• Same thing in reverse for a 12-string simulation. I'd want to limit the upper range to somewhere like the D between the high B and E strings. The mix would start at 50:50 and ramp down to the high note. So the range would be Low = Min and high = D.
  • A variant of the bass octave scenario. There's a range of notes on the bass that work well for adding a 5th to do pseudo power chords. So the range would have both high and low values defined.
  • Guitar harmonies - limit the range of a Pitch block for some harmonic 3rds with quick high/low ramps for controlling Mix.
  • Control various things like Drive, effect mix, etc. within a deterministic pitch range. If you can deterministically define the pitch range, you can much more easily configure modifiers to sweep up or down or a specific bell curve or whatever.

+12, that would be crazy, have the pitch follower input filters set to have a bunch of effects kick in only in a certain octave range of the fretboard...

+12, that would be crazy, have the pitch follower input filters set to have a bunch of effects kick in only in a certain octave range of the fretboard...

You can actually do this already - I've been doing this since the Ultra. What I'm talking about is scoping the range of the pitch follower so it doesn't trigger below a certain point and over a certain point is always max.

You can actually do this already - I've been doing this since the Ultra. What I'm talking about is scoping the range of the pitch follower so it doesn't trigger below a certain point and over a certain point is always max.
I would like to see some 'Range' parameters too. 7 and 8 string players and well as bass players could do some interesting things? But can't you do what you described by manipulating the Edit Modifier parameters?
pitch mod.png

I would like to see some 'Range' parameters too. 7 and 8 string players and well as bass players could do some interesting things? But can't you do what you described by manipulating the Edit Modifier parameters?

It's really difficult to get the behavior you may want because the range is an unknown to begin with.

Here's the controller range but that might not help very much. It's best to watch the dot while playing and have an idea of how each parameter alters the curve.

I'd rather see general modifier system improvements for this, ideally with % also displayed as note/cent value when source is pitch follower. For example, make a way to define range of at least one rise/fall like your last example. Straight paths by default, separate controls to curve each segment in either direction.

Bumping this as it would be such a great feature. Displaying the % as note/cent value would be ideal and the actual controller range for pitch is pretty limited as it doesn't go below E2. This means it simply doesn't work for extended range guitars or bass or even standard tunings lower than E.

Again, similar to my requests to have a selectable "bass tracking range" for the Synth block (just like the Source Audio C4), a bass guitar controller range for the Pitch Follower would also be superb.

Another great use of pitch follower is to use it in the amp block for both input EQ cuts and output EQ boosts post power amp.

It would allow you to keep the tweed amps from giving blazing distortion on the bassier notes on the low E and A strings while still having edge of break up on the high E, B, and G strings on the tweed amps without using an EQ block or two.

It gives the uncoated strings gravitas if we could do this more surgically.

Another great use of pitch follower is to use it in the amp block for both input EQ cuts and output EQ boosts post power amp.

It would allow you to keep the tweed amps from giving blazing distortion on the bassier notes on the low E and A strings while still having edge of break up on the high E, B, and G strings on the tweed amps without using an EQ block or two.

It gives the uncoated strings gravitas if we could do this more surgically.

This would be great..although the pitch follower is monophonic so i think this would only work on single note stuff. You could pull that off using a polyphonic pickup to midi setup, and map the whole fretboard to affect certain parameters in the Axe.

I found a workaround to shift the pitch followers range to one direction. I split the signal into the main path and a side path right from the Input 1 block. In the side path I have a pitch shifter and Output 4. I have a physical cable from Output 4 to Input 4. From Controllers I select Input 4 as the input source for pitch. This doesn't help if you need to control the whole range of an extended range instrument, but for my purposes the changes happen in the low notes so it doesn't matter if I lose range in the highs as much as I gain in the lows. Works the other way around also of course.

Back
Top Bottom