Wish Add pedal controller option to default to on/off when not plugged in

I'd like it if we can assign a default value so the preset functions correctly when the pedal is missing that isn't hiding in a separate area.

See the FM3 manual, p. 67, "EXTERNAL CONTROLLER INITIAL VALUES" for what I think should also be available in the pedal definitions.

This would be more convenient and would make it more obvious that it's a configurable option.

I would be okay with me if it were changed to 'Pedal 1/Ext 1 Initial Value', Pedal 2/Ext 2 Initial Value' etc.... The FC Pedals may complicate things though? Maybe link them all if they can't all be individually added?

I would be okay with me if it were changed to 'Pedal 1/Ext 1 Initial Value', Pedal 2/Ext 2 Initial Value' etc.... The FC Pedals may complicate things though? Maybe link them all if they can't all be individually added?
Any change is a good change if it makes it more intuitive to set the initial value.

Once, a while back, I accidentally pulled the pedal's 1/4" out a tiny bit, just enough so the FM3 couldn't see it, and I got no output from my presets. It took about twenty minutes to discover the problem. I had to search for a while to find the right terms to find the information about fixing it, and it made no sense at the time that it'd be in the MIDI setup.

Now I know why that is, but it seems more UI-friendly to have it in two places, even if they're called something different, just so they accomplish the task.

BTW, this is a spin-off of "Utility to quickly remove all controller assignments in a block", which seems to have been generated because the setting isn't obvious/easily found.

Back
Top Bottom