Implemented Add Input 2-4 Source with SPDIF/AES option

Add the ability to assign the Input Source for Input 2-4 to SPDIF/AES so that we can use Input 1's secret sauce and simultaneously use a different input as a digital effects return.

I would totally use this! Right now, I'm using SPDIF in on my Apollo interface for AF3 output and my AF2 is now demoted to analog (only 1x SPDIF on my Apollo). I'd really like to feed the AF2 SPDIF into the AF3 and drop it onto the grid as IN2-IN4. May get processed... might just get passed directly to OP.

I'd really like to continue to use the IN1 for instrument. Hell, I can't afford to keep both AF2 and AF3 but, if I could, this would mean I now have 2x "secret sauce" inputs without needless A-D and D-A steps! Just dreaming... :)

+1

If I had something like "Input 2 Source : SPDIF / AES" option that would be very handy. I like to process vocals and guitar at the same time for small gigs. Would be nice to be able to have the option to set input 2 to a digital input so that I could go SPDIF out from my mic pre to the Axe-FX and use input 1 for guitar.

Old request; out of the loop... It seems ability to assign the Input Source for Input 2-4 to SPDIF/AES is still not possible as of firmware 11? I guess a possibly a naive question is whether this is a hard limit with the Axe III? Or might we see this at some point in a firmware update?

It would be super handy for reasons already cited.

In any case ++1

Back
Top Bottom