Add Fishman Triple Play to rig

Sorbz62

Hi guys (particularly midi players)

I have a Fishman Triple Play which I want to add to my Axe-fx rig and use both my Matrix Fr10 on output 1 and my Matrix/ cabs on output 2. The intent is to input my laptop into the rear input, my guitar into the front output but I don't know if they both worn at the same time. I would like to organise my presets to press a footswitch or use an expression pedal to add synthetic to my guitar signal. Is this feasible?

Cheers,
Jim

You can definitely run two instrument signals simultaneously and mix/match output. Search the forum and wiki for details. You may have an issue if your synthesized sound has a significant processing delay.

This will work nicely . I have been a triple play user since the inception , make sure you are on the latest FW/softwAre of triple play , and if you haven’t yet tried the new free presets by East-West , go to the fishman site and get em now.

This will work nicely . I have been a triple play user since the inception , make sure you are on the latest FW/softwAre of triple play , and if you haven’t yet tried the new free presets by East-West , go to the fishman site and get em now.

Hi mate, Thanks for the reply. I've had the TP for maybe 2 years but only really mounted it on a single guitar for a project then. I just saw it in my guitar toolbox and wondered if I could add it to my rig. Do you use it as I want to - with the Axe-FX?

You can definitely run two instrument signals simultaneously and mix/match output. Search the forum and wiki for details. You may have an issue if your synthesized sound has a significant processing delay.

The Fishman Triple Play is fantastically latency free so will just be a notehr audio signal as far as the Axe is concerned.

Cheers,
Jim

Hi mate, Thanks for the reply. I've had the TP for maybe 2 years but only really mounted it on a single guitar for a project then. I just saw it in my guitar toolbox and wondered if I could add it to my rig. Do you use it as I want to - with the Axe-FX?

The Fishman Triple Play is fantastically latency free so will just be a notehr audio signal as far as the Axe is concerned.

Cheers,
Jim
Since virtually all my playing is in my home studio these days, I don’t use the AxeFx specifically to route the TP sound source, but it shouldn’t be a problem for you. I do blend the TP tones with AxeFx sounds in real time in my daw or Apollo mixer app, often to very nice effect ...I recently picked up a used Fender Tripleplay strat, with the kit internally installed, plus USB audio directly from guitar! Too bad they stopped making it.

Last edited:
You may want to use Input 2 so that you can have separate signal paths for your guitar and the synth stuff.

Definitely use Input 2. I do this to switch seamlessly between the piezo and mag pickups in my guitar. I have a 2-channel wireless unit that feeds into the L & R inputs on the back of the Axe. I then use vol/pan blocks and scenes to switch between the inputs without having to toggle anything on the guitar. Both pickups are outputting at the same time and the Axe just decides which one to process. I'm using hard left/right panning to achieve on/off for the piezo and pickups, but you could achieve blending using the same concept.

I bought a triple play the moment they came out. It’s been a god send but does have it’s issues. While it’s incredible for the home studio i’m Not entirely sure I could get it to be accurate enough for a live setup :S

Hi guys (particularly midi players)

I have a Fishman Triple Play which I want to add to my Axe-fx rig and use both my Matrix Fr10 on output 1 and my Matrix/ cabs on output 2. The intent is to input my laptop into the rear input, my guitar into the front output but I don't know if they both worn at the same time. I would like to organise my presets to press a footswitch or use an expression pedal to add synthetic to my guitar signal. Is this feasible?

Cheers,
Jim
Have you seen this?
http://www.soundsonline.com/midi-guitar-series

I bought a triple play the moment they came out. It’s been a god send but does have it’s issues. While it’s incredible for the home studio i’m Not entirely sure I could get it to be accurate enough for a live setup :S
Make sure you have the latest updates , they really upped the usability

Back
Top Bottom