Adams A7x vs Eve SC207

Miyoshi

I have been the owner of FM3 since yesterday. I'll get down to business.
Have any of you tested both Eve and Adam audio? Maybe someone will share their experiences with Eve SC207?
Yes, we all know that A7x is highly recommended by fractal users..

Eve:
  • no bass reflex
  • 44Hz - 21kHz (is that important?)
  • DSP processing

A7x:
  • 42 Hz - 50 kHz
  • bass reflex
  • no DSP processing

Both in exactly same price in my county. I'll be using my gear in U2 tribute band (stereo, delays stuff etc..)

So far, on the forum I found the following information:
Hi again. I was already convinced to go with A7X which receive overwhelming support in fractal community. But the problem is... I could not find them in stock in my country. Some dealers suggest EVE audio SC207 instead. I understand that those could be quite good alternative to adams with similar topology, however I'm a bit concerned about one thing: in one of reviews a guy said that due to EVEs using DSP processing there is some latency added, comparing to adams. I'm wondering if the order of latency is really something crucial for AXE monitoring, or it is much less comparing to the AXE latency itself. For example, if AXE has 1-2 ms latency which is perfect to me, but EVEs add another 1-2 ms it would quite an issue for me.
What do you guys know about this? I could not find any particular latency numbers.

Hi! This was my earlier post you quoted.
I ended up with EVEs since no Adam were available. The latency aspect was really very minor thing, and I don't notice anything now.
I don't have anything to compare but I like them. Also faced issue of resonating table which I still need to solve..

I've checked them both today in music store and wow! The is a really noticeable difference. I've been adjusting them for an hour. I'll probably purchase Eves or something better. They sounds more natural than Adams. And.. Guitar sounds more like guitar

Good choice, I've had a pair of SC207's for almost 2 years now and I love them. I immediately ran pink noise and put up a test mic at the listening position and they were flat from 125 Hz to 16 kHz. I later added a powered sub to fill out the bottom end, a Yamaha HS8S. When I record or listen to what these speakers put out and compare with my Sennheiser HD650 headphones the results are identical. I have so much power that I rarely bring the output of my sound card to 3. Good monitoring is essential to dialing in presets that translate well for live gigs. Try to get about 94 Db C weighted for a reference level for dialing in live presets.

Back
Top Bottom