Adam Jones Signature Gibson LP

Personally I think it's ridiculous. Like fender, Gibson, PRS and the rest signature models are going to have special magic and you will immediately play like your hero. Guess I'm out of touch since I am really interested in music and NOT trophies.

Personally I think it's ridiculous. Like fender, Gibson, PRS and the rest signature models are going to have special magic and you will immediately play like your hero. Guess I'm out of touch since I am really interested in music and NOT trophies.
I agree... I get the concept, and sure, some sig guitars may have cool wiring, unique pickups, or something... but you have to play the guitar that feels right to your hands, and sounds right to your ears, not anyone else's.

OTOH, lots of people do believe in the magic pill. But $10K?

Takes all kinds.

Some players are more interested in developing their own sound. Others want to emulate every aspect of their hero's sound, down to the very same instrument configuration.

Apparently there are already a few deposits in for this and nobody even knows the price yet lol.

FWIW I don't know anyone that has ever purchased a signature anything thinking it was going to be a "magic pill".

I like signature models. To do them right, someone with the skills has to put the time in. If someone wants to build one and someone wants to buy one, good for them. I briefly owned a Ronnie Montrose CC (I bought it to sell). Probably the nicest LP I’ve ever played.

There are a couple of the sig model Gibsons I thought would be cool to have. The Lifeson Axcess model is neat. The Buckethead Les Paul is pretty unique. I'd guess a lot of them are more for collectors. If you've got the scratch, and if it makes you feel closer to your guitar icon; or you just like something about it, then why not. I mean, people drop $10k on a PRS because it's made with wood from a graveyard or whatever.

There are a couple of the sig model Gibsons I thought would be cool to have. The Lifeson Axcess model is neat. The Buckethead Les Paul is pretty unique. I'd guess a lot of them are more for collectors. If you've got the scratch, and if it makes you feel closer to your guitar icon; or you just like something about it, then why not. I mean, people drop $10k on a PRS because it's made with wood from a graveyard or whatever.

Yeah, well, fools and their money are soon parted I guess.

For me personally, I like Edge's black Strat, black pickguard, maple neck with large CBS headstock from U2's Under a Bloodred Sky vid. Given me a lifelong thirst for Strats like that. Does that mean I have to have his signature Strat to become one with the man like he's my best homie or his magic rubs off on me? Nah. Looks like it is good enough for me. Also, for the price of his signature Strat I can build two guitars like that and have fun building them as well. 10K for this guitar? If I had that kind of money I'd buy me a CNC machine and crank out a whole line of those kind of guitars.

I considered buying a Les Paul "Blackwater" model back in the day, primarily because it came with a Ghost piezo bridge stock. Ultimately couldn't bring myself to buy an instrument associated with Nickleback.

Custom shop. Famous guitarist. Limited run. Yes, this will sell for more than an off the shelf LP.

When I purchased my Lifeson Axcess in 2015, I actually thought it was a great deal for a non-weight relieved LP from the Custom Shop! Then when you add in everything that axe does with the Floyd and Piezo system, it just slays! Even though Alex is a hell of a guitarist, he wasn’t the reason for the sale....the guitar was...ha ha!

When I purchased my Lifeson Axcess in 2015, I actually thought it was a great deal for a non-weight relieved LP from the Custom Shop! Then when you add in everything that axe does with the Floyd and Piezo system, it just slays! Even though Alex is a hell of a guitarist, he wasn’t the reason for the sale....the guitar was...ha ha!

I'd still like to get one. They seem to have completely vanished on Reverb. There were always a handful for sale at any given time for years, but I haven't seen one in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom