Adam Hall PCL 10 Power Conditioner - has anyone used this?

chucma

Fractal Fanatic
I'm thinking about getting one of these for my rack to power my Axe-FX3 and GT22; I'm not really needing a power conditioner but I do need a central on/off control that will switch both units on/off from the front panel simultaneously. And the extending LED lights will be very useful too!

So I'm just curious if anyone has had any experience with these? I know they are pretty cheap for a power conditioner, but also pretty expensive for a switch and light!

Thing is, I play at the same 2 venues regularly and both have excellent power, so the conditioning is not really a problem for me. I suspect at this price level the conditioning won't be any good anyway.

https://www.thomann.de/be/adam_hall_pcl_10_power_conditioner.htm

might seem completely irrelevant... but I've recently discovered that my $150 livewire is noisier than my $75 furman/rack-rider. I realize you aren't going to use it for power conditioning... but consider that you are plugging 2k+ worth of gear into it... you take from that what you want.

might seem completely irrelevant... but I've recently discovered that my $150 livewire is noisier than my $75 furman/rack-rider. I realize you aren't going to use it for power conditioning... but consider that you are plugging 2k+ worth of gear into it... you take from that what you want.

That's a pretty relevant bit of advice! Hoping others can chime in if they have used the Adam Hall unit, I am worried it might end up being the same thing you found with your LiveWire.

Basically the Furman equivalent is about 4 times the price, which is why I'm first checking out the cheaper option first before making up my mind.

Are you saying the sound output of your axe fx is noisier when plugged into one power conditioner and not the other?

Are you saying the sound output of your axe fx is noisier when plugged into one power conditioner and not the other?
it is not noise from the axe per se... noise from my pc power supply/hard drive and their influence on the power draw... ie... very faint elec chirping that is almost invisible unless I have my headphones on. I freq obsess about noise because I primarily enjoy single coil pickups that are very sensitive to emi (yes they are well shielded).

Back
Top Bottom