Adam Audio Studio Monitors are actually made in China

I doubt they "claim" to be made in Germany. Its very clearly stated "Made in China". I have a pair and they are zero smelling.

That's T5V, the one I bought is the Adam A5X and it doesn't say made in China, maybe they hid this fact and people realized eventually which is why they put it now on the newer models

A5X only says designed and developed in Germany, which doesn't mean anything, clearly it was made in China but they didn't include in the now discontinued models

Do you haver the T5V or A5X? They're different, the smell I detect comes from the plastic cover from the A5X. The new models do not have these covers.

Here is a comparison, the new models do not have that plastic cover on the knobs is where all the smell comes from, this cover is actually deep and it can't be removed, I tried

You see that rectangular shape that has holes at the bottom of the A5X, this a deep piece and that's where the smell comes from this is plastic, not MDF. The rest of the speaker is MDF and metal, and the little covers for tweeters and buttons is metal, is the plastic pieces around that has hole, that's what is releasing this smell

maxresdefault-2.jpg

index.php

Last edited:
While I have not seen this with these monitors myself. I did own an Ibanez bass that had a “finish” smell that bothered me. It was that model but no other. Nitro also has a smell to it - and it does bother some people. Depends on the person.

While I have not seen this with these monitors myself. I did own an Ibanez bass that had a “finish” smell that bothered me. It was that model but no other. Nitro also has a smell to it - and it does bother some people. Depends on the person.

which bass was it? was it maple fretboard?

I have a pair of Nubert nupro X3000 RC monitors, made in Germany (I don’t know if they are producing everything in house), they make everything in their German factory and you can only buy them directly from them.
The have an awesome customer support and these monitors are the best that I have ever heard.
Another great thing is, they have analog and digital inputs and also Bluetoot and room calibration.
So I can go full digital with the Axe III without any Ad/DA.
They are not cheap, around 1300€/ 1600$ a pair but they are worth every penny.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have a pair of Nubert nupro X3000 RC monitors, made in Germany, they make everything in their German factory and you can only buy them directly from them.
The have an awesome customer support and these monitors are the best that I have ever heard.
Another great thing is, they have analog and digital inputs and also Bluetoot and room calibration.
curious, wrt the digital inputs - how does that work with there being only one digital output socket from Axfx? Is there a special cable, or a digital cable running from the left monitor to the right monitor?

curious, wrt the digital inputs - how does that work with there being only one digital output socket from Axfx? Is there a special cable, or a digital cable running from the left monitor to the right monitor?
I’m using Spidf cable to one of the monitors and both monitors are connected through their own wireless network.

I have a pair of Nubert nupro X3000 RC monitors, made in Germany, they make everything in their German factory and you can only buy them directly from them.
But how do they smell?

That's T5V, the one I bought is the Adam A5X and it doesn't say made in China, maybe they hid this fact and people realized eventually which is why they put it now on the newer models

A5X only says designed and developed in Germany, which doesn't mean anything, clearly it was made in China but they didn't include in the now discontinued models

Do you haver the T5V or A5X? They're different, the smell I detect comes from the plastic cover from the A5X. The new models do not have these covers.

Here is a comparison, the new models do not have that plastic cover on the knobs is where all the smell comes from, this cover is actually deep and it can't be removed, I tried

You see that rectangular shape that has holes at the bottom of the A5X, this a deep piece and that's where the smell comes from this is plastic, not MDF. The rest of the speaker is MDF and metal, and the little covers for tweeters and buttons is metal, is the plastic pieces around that has hole, that's what is releasing this smell

maxresdefault-2.jpg

index.php

Strange indeed. Would think they have a standard for putting "made in X" on all products. And IF made outside China, in this time and age surely a thing to print on their products as "added value"

I think I'm going to buy the Genelec used from reverb, mainly for the fact that they're made of aluminum

MDF is made with formaldehyde and pretty much all speaker enclosures are MDF
In Germany, the Chemicals Prohibition Ordinance stipulates that coated and uncoated wood-based materials (chipboard, blockboard, veneer panels and fiberboard) must be tested before being placed on the market. The regulation stipulates that the compensatory concentration of formaldehyde in the air of a test room caused by the wood-based material should not exceed 0.1 ml/m3 (equivalent to 0.1 ppm or 124 µg/m3). Furniture manufactured and sold in Germany and the EU generally complies with these emission conditions (recognizable by the designation "low-emission E 1". The Chemicals Prohibition Ordinance also stipulates that washing, cleaning and care products with a mass content of more than 0.2% formaldehyde must not be placed on the market.

Find a video of Steve Jobs or Tim Cook explaining why everything has moved, and will stay, in China.

It is one of our nation's great failures.

Back
Top Bottom