Adam Audio A7X or Yamaha HS8’s

I had that issue with a few presets, I think I brought the gain down a bit to help. You have me curious though, if you'd like to share the preset you are working with I could always try it out on my end.
Are you using a screwdriver or something to adjust the EQ settings on the back? The knobs don't pull out as far as I can tell.

I leave my A7X monitors at 0dB. As for your palm muted chugs sounding woofy... that could be a number of things. Simply dialing back the bass in your amp settings could help. You can use Output EQ on the Amp block to bring down some of the low frequencies as well. But it could also be the amp itself, or don't forget the IR you are using. There's so many other possible ways to rectify this, and others might have better advice than I do. As for that chuggy palm muted sound, when I'm going for that tone I have a tendency to stick with Leon Todd's IRs... there's one floating around I like called 'LeonTodd V30-GB Mix NA'. Leon also has one on Axe-Change called 'LT TV Mix 7' that I find works great for high gain and chug. Quite often when I find a preset that I like a lot but sounds too dark, I just plop in Leon's IR and it becomes completely usable to me. On that note, thanks so much for these IRs @2112 - it has made a world of difference for me and my quest for tone. :)

Also, @GuitarGuy316 - if you post the preset you are having issues with, I'd be happy to try it out here to see what I think. I'm no expert but I'd be happy to provide my thoughts. Like always though, preference in tone can be completely subjective. :)
is there a .wav version of the TV Mix 7?

@GuitarGuy316

Did you fix it? Sounds like i have the same problem with palm mutes. Its like a bass-wave hitting both ears. Removing bass did not work.

Listening to music pose no problem it seems

Back
Top Bottom