Adam A7X for bass

MackieFX

Experienced
Got a 6 string bass recently and been using the a7xs to monitor my bass tones. Anyone else doing this?

I'm not sure if I'm losing low end by using monitors rated for 42hz as I go down to G#

For tuning that low, a sub will help a lot. I believe a low E is 42hz or 47hZ (it's a hair below whatever the synth block stops at).

I realised the main problem is my room, through headphones Im getting really good sound, but this room is destroying the low end of the bass tone.

I realised the main problem is my room, through headphones Im getting really good sound, but this room is destroying the low end of the bass tone.
An untreated room will definitely do that. How does the sound translate from the headphones to the real world? Are they accurate???

An untreated room will definitely do that. How does the sound translate from the headphones to the real world? Are they accurate???
Im not sure I understand - They're sennheiser Momentum 2s which I think have a pretty flat response.

Also recording the tone from the AxeFX and listening at a lower volume on playback through my A7Xs the sound is much better as there is less of the room

Im not sure I understand - They're sennheiser Momentum 2s which I think have a pretty flat response.

Also recording the tone from the AxeFX and listening at a lower volume on playback through my A7Xs the sound is much better as there is less of the room
I apologize. An untreated room will destroy your bass response and give you highly inaccurate results. Headphones CAN be a cure for this. I’ve found the Slate headphones to be highly accurate overall and are superior to my Adams, KRK VXT8 with sub in my poorly treated room. Not only are they accurate but with the modeled environments they have, it takes the guesswork of how your mix (or bass) will sound in a variety of playback environments.
Listening back at a lower volume out of your monitors will give you better results in an untreated room as well.

Back
Top Bottom