• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Ada MP1

MoJiggity

Inspired
If this does happen then I really hope that Cliff models it with mismatched styles of preamp tubes... I run my MP-1 with a 12WD7 in V1 and a 12AX7 in V2 and IMHO it adds a HUGE dimension of versatility. Thanks to the dual gain controls (one of which sits between the tubes) I can dial in a more vintage-y crunch with the first tube or a more modern one with the second. I'd love to have the same functionality replicated in the Axe-Fx.

Swedish Chef

Forum Addict
I think we should put it in there. It has a really nice presence to it...

Wouldn't more "presence" be the manifestation of the gift that keeps on giving? :D

Also, Boss HM2 by any chance, Adam? The metal guys have been asking for it for ages! That's a way to give even more presence! :encouragement:

Loquenau

Forum Addict
I haven't heard anything from the MP-1 that I thought was any good sounding. And I mean that from a tube amp perspective. It, even still, sounds like a solid state amp with tubes in it. It certainly does in the 80s Gilbert videos. I think he thought it was cool because of its [digital] multiple channels and midi switching.

Last edited:

Muzza_Boogie

Veteran
I had an ADA MP2 rig back in the day... Included a 100 watt 1U Power amp with valves!! I thought it was pretty sweet :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

robertkoa

New here
I haven't heard anything from the MP-1 that I thought was any good sounding. And I mean that from a tube amp perspective. It, even still, sounds like a solid state amp with tubes in it. It certainly does in the 80s Gilbert videos. I think he thought it was cool because of its [digital] multiple channels and midi switching.
There are very few ADA MP1 clips on Youtube for example (one example Ethan Brosh) that sound good.

Ethan Brosh Shred Guitar Solo "stuff" ADA MP-1 Ch…: http://youtu.be/BZ-5FmkoFKo
On the longer notes you can hear some nice tone IMO.

But with the gain even lower it is capable of some very nice Marshall type low to medium gain tones especially into CAB IRs.

I bought one a few years back which sounds much more clear than most clips but I don't do high gain or I got very lucky ,

my unit had been noise modded and maybe the fuzz went with it.

Last edited:

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
Its in there.......;)

You can get MP-1 tones and all the variations of the mods with very little work.
I agree, but it isn't the same as having a MIMIC'd model of the exact unit. I would LOVE an MP-1 model. It was a revolutionary preamp (for the MIDI capability alone), and a staple for me and many others. I had two in my rack, with a switch matrix, for instantaneous preset changes. Both of them sounded great; clean, slight breakup, cream, crunch, metal, and everywhere in between. I think the model would add value to the Axe, and this is coming from someone who doesn't want more amp models in general. I love exact recreations of long-discontinued iconic products, both amps and effects.

BTW, I never judge a product from a Youtube video. My MP-1s sounded nothing like the room-miced clip above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom