Wish ADA MP1 Model please

Last edited:
Don't forget, ADA is selling the MP-1's tube channels in a non-MIDI pedal format, the "MP-1 Channel", which sounds great, is new and reliable, is in a nice small format, and it works great with Fractal gear providing alternative virtual tone stacks, power sections, cab sims etc, plus FX!

https://www.adaamps.com/Products/ada-MP1/MP1.htm

ADA MP-1's can sound great if you know what you're doing with EQ/Filters, and you provide a good tube power section or sim, and cab or sim. I've seen so many guys blast them via a solid state amp and cab sans anyEQ/Filtering back in the day, and they sounded like fizzy crap, which most tube preamps will do as well if not processed correctly.

Also note that the ADA MP-1 Channel will draw about 700ma @ 12V, so you can run it off of the FM3's Fastlink connector (which is powering both the MP-1 Channel, and the ZOOM MS-70CDR via a 12V to 9V step-down above).

Last edited:
I seem to see threads for this amp everywhere. What would I have heard that uses this tone? I don't think I've seen a more requested amp on these forums...

I seem to see threads for this amp everywhere. What would I have heard that uses this tone? I don't think I've seen a more requested amp on these forums...
White Lion, Extreme, Skid row, Paul Gilbert, few others. Michael Wagner used it for a lot of bands he was producing. I had one recently and really didn't care for it to be honest, sold it. Was VERY thin, had to use a BBE like everyone else back in the day just to get some low end thump.

ADA MP-1's/ADA MP-1 Channel has an active tonestack, i.e. flat is with all controls half-way, boost and cut etc, which means it's very mid-heavy with it's settings at "noon", but it can mimic a lot of different sounds to varying degrees (Fender/Marshall/Mesa etc). This is very different than most tube amps/preamps with passive tonestacks, which have a pronounced mid-scoop with all knobs at noon, so you must adjust accordingly, plus use a quality tube power section/cab or sims for best results.

With a Axe FX, you can optionally run the ADA MP-1's/ADA MP-1 Channel fairly flat and use the Axe for your tonestack and tube power amp/cab sim of choice (via a modded Tube Pre model), and get it to sound like a lot of different things (which is how I use my ADA MP-1 Channel, in the FM3's/Axe II's FX Loop).

In the Axe, use the Active Tonestack to mimic the ADA MP-1's gain channel's tonestack, and a amp model with the gain of choice.

The ADA MP1 was designed in part by Todd Langer (RIP), and is a unique high quality preamp which can sound great when run correctly (i.e. typically not with the tonestack flat'ish through solid state power sections like many did who didn't understand it's uniqueness back in the day).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom