Ada mp1 in to what power amp?

My MP1's front input jack is broke (apparently a common thing… anyone have suggestions for a repair without shipping it to somewhere in L.A.?)

mine was starting to crap out a year or so ago.

like Desmo808 suggested, look for a DIY on the ADA Depot. Part of the 'Rear Jack Mod' is replacing the front jack with a Switchcraft part, and I just took it to that level and didn't mess with the Rear Jack part of the mod.

big thumbs-up on the battery mod, if you haven't already. seems to be a lot of feedback that the original battery is finally going kaput on a lot of the units (after close to 30 years! LOL!). all user presets will be lost, so be sure to write them down.

mine was starting to crap out a year or so ago.

like Desmo808 suggested, look for a DIY on the ADA Depot. Part of the 'Rear Jack Mod' is replacing the front jack with a Switchcraft part, and I just took it to that level and didn't mess with the Rear Jack part of the mod.

big thumbs-up on the battery mod, if you haven't already. seems to be a lot of feedback that the original battery is finally going kaput on a lot of the units (after close to 30 years! LOL!). all user presets will be lost, so be sure to write them down.

It's been a while since I started this thread, but I wonder if there are any new or differnent opions. Also any comments on tube type as whats in the ada originally? And the compared to the copy on here

It's been a while since I started this thread, but I wonder if there are any new or differnent opions. Also any comments on tube type as whats in the ada originally? And the compared to the copy on here

to the best of my knowledge, they came with 12AX7A tubes.

when I've replaced them, I seem to get the same tone from JJ ECC83-S tubes. I actually prefer the Tube Amp Doctor 12AX7A-C Selected, which is their part # RT001. imagine the same core tone, but with a slight bit more transparency. I believe you can get both JJ and TAD tubes at the Monotone website.

Back
Top Bottom