ADA MP1 3TM patch anyone

IIIMK

I loved my old ADA-MP1 3tm super hair gain tone.
anyone has a patch that mimics this tone?
Much appreciated.
VR,
///MK

For what its worth the closest Ive gotten was taking Mark Day's patch and substituted the big hair model and played with the eq alittle. IT actually gives me a nice RATT sound but still not near the liquid gain of the 3TM.

You can get there. I have not done a side by side but being a 3TM Ultra+ user I know what I like and I'm sure some patches are close (or better). I got one Ultra+ mod (with the MDRT). Even when comparing ADA 3TM patches with other ADA 3TM users, none are the same as I am sure it would be with the Axe-FX (YMMV)

There are a few of us here that have the 3TM's and I have not seen any "3TM patches" for the axe-fx.

Does the 3tm have a characteristic sound? I would expect that there would be a bunch of different sounds in there, so it would be sort of hard to "nail it" with a patch.

I had a regular MP-1, but never did any mods and didnt keep it a long time.

I uploaded these to my own site recently. They're based upon an MP-1 3TM with an ADA Ampulator. All I wanted to do was get a sound that was close to what I had with the ADA rig and I didn't A/B them so take it for what it's worth.

ADA MP-1 3TM patches

Thats awesome thanks.
and yes IMO the 3TM has a very distinctive tone even compared to the regular MP1

NOw if we can only get a SPLAWN Nitro model \m/

BTW nice job emulating the MP1 Chorus very Paul Gilberty tone for sure.
Thanks again,
///MK

To anyone who has downloaded these patches and tried them out - does it sound like a 3TM MP-1 to you? I won't be offended if you think it doesn't. I'm just curious, that's all.

As I stated previously, I didn't A/B the Axe-FX and the MP-1. I just went by ear. In some ways, I think it sounds better.

For reference, those patches were made using guitars that have a Dimarzio Tone zone in the bridge. The guitars that have that pickup have maple, rosewood, or ebony fingerboards and either a Strat style hardtail bridge or an OFR trem.

To make those patches work with my Les Pauls, which have a Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAF in the bridge position, I set the midrange EQ on the Drive block to give a 3 dB boost at 649 Hz. I did that to give the PAFs the same kind of midrange bump the Tone Zones have. Again, I just did it by ear.

I downloaded both the patches. IMO
The patches sound close to the 3TM mine is a bit gainier.
the enhancer gives a similar tone to the ADA with the chorus set "still" but s a little heavy handed sounding. close but not nailed.

I still kept it on my Ultra.

IIIMK said:
I downloaded both the patches. IMO
The patches sound close to the 3TM mine is a bit gainier.
the enhancer gives a similar tone to the ADA with the chorus set "still" but s a little heavy handed sounding. close but not nailed.

I still kept it on my Ultra.
Thank you for the feedback.

Gain is one of those very subjective things but it's easy enough to bump up the amp's gain or the gain in the drive block. That's one of the things (overall gain) than I find myself tweaking all the time. Some days I want more and other days I want less.

I used the Enhancer to just give a stereo spread but I never intentionally tried to copy the MP-1's chorus. I actually never used it. ;)

I'm glad you're finding it workable though.

Gave the patch a try comparing to Skid Row's Youth Gone Wild, has WAY too much gain for rhythm. Had to take the amp gain down to 2.5 / 3.0. Also lowered the drive MIX to 80% (now try that with a real pedal :twisted: ) since the sound was too upper-mid heavy, probably because I'm using EMG pickups and they're brighter than most passive pickups.

Switching the amp type to BRIT PRE makes it a lot more like the recording, and I'm also positive it reminds me a lot more of the couple MP-1s I've already played through.

Also, switching the cab to the JCM2000 with the SM57 mic and 1.5 drive made the final deal for me.

I'm very impressed with the mixer setup with paralel delay, reverb and dry signal, and then into the expander. Turning the expander on sounds great for emulating 2 guitarrists, along with the 22ms delay you already had setup.

All in all one great baseline patch, thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom