Wish ADA MP-1

True in this case. The text on my phone was so small I didn't bother to read it all. Being a fan of ADA, I should have more faith in them.
Pretty standard trick to take 12VAC and run it backwards through a 240:12 filament transfo to get HV for tubes, actually. It's all safe from the AC line via the 12VAC wall wart or line lump powering it.... :)

I understand how it works. I just cynically assumed it was another low voltage tube pedal. Still, what I liked about the MP-1 was it's MIDI programmability. It's great that they recreated it for the pedal board market, but I'd still like a model of it in the Axe-FX. At this point, I'm ready to archive this wish along with a compare function.

I understand how it works. I just cynically assumed it was another low voltage tube pedal. Still, what I liked about the MP-1 was it's MIDI programmability. It's great that they recreated it for the pedal board market, but I'd still like a model of it in the Axe-FX. At this point, I'm ready to archive this wish along with a compare function.
IIRC, @2112 Leon has a video where he takes a model that is close and tweaks some settings to make it almost identical. Might be a path forward until Fractal adds an MP1 model....

IIRC, @2112 Leon has a video where he takes a model that is close and tweaks some settings to make it almost identical. Might be a path forward until Fractal adds an MP1 model....
I'm sure it can be recreated with another model, and that this may be a big reason why it's not in the Axe. I guess that it has a certain appeal due to the fact that I used it for so many years in my younger days.

+1 here too - lots of guys I grew up listening to used one and I was always interested in the hardware

I'm sure it can be recreated with another model, and that this may be a big reason why it's not in the Axe. I guess that it has a certain appeal due to the fact that I used it for so many years in my younger days.

I think the Mesa Mark I wish is of similar criteria? i.e...tones are easily available using other models?

Back
Top Bottom