Wish ADA MP-1

+1. For me, this is the only amp model I want and don't have in the Axe III. It's also the only one that would make me consider picking up some other modeler's next generation as well. Pretty please, Cliff?

I kinda (sorta) miss my old Quadraverb2. Lotsa memories tied to that piece of gear....
Yep that was my rig ADA MP-1 & Alesis Q2. That Q2 has so many routing options (virtual cabling) just like the fractal gear. Want a parallel reverb that's flanged... you got it. Secret sauce was my rack mount Tube Driver in the FX loop as an EQ with a tiny edge of breakup on leads to sim a driven power amp.

Last edited:
Maybe even the great Axe FX III Turbo hasn't enough power to simulate the two valves of the MP-1 ;)
LOL passive aggressive angle. "Cliff it's ok if the Axe-fx is not capable of doing it's really a good piece anyway" Realistically Cliff and the fractal team have replaced my 80's rack, I sold everything but my ADA MP-1, and actually bought a back up one. I'd like to see them model it so it can be archived into eternity.

Secret sauce was my rack mount Tube Driver in the FX loop as an EQ with a tiny edge of breakup on leads to sim a driven power amp.
Semi-secret sauce (visible on rack shelf, not hidden) in my setup was a modified-for-guitar Knight KM-15 monobloc ho-fi EL-84-based tube amp into a homebrew reactive dummy load slaved to the preamp (Hafler Razor). Wish I had a pic, but that was back in the good old film camera days.

The sound was moist....
moist-old.gif

Little do you all know that CC and team have been creating 190+ new amp models of the MP-1 paired with every power amp in the III because he knows if he picks any one power amp many will bemoan his choice and beg for more.

Thanks to you all, set list functionality has been delayed for years.

Kicking myself for not buying a mp1 right before the lockdowns in march 2020. Seattle music store had 5 of them in at the time and they were gone soon after. I thought Leon's Power amp video was awesome and in it he had to go across the room to adjust gain settings in the mp1. Is it possible to just tonematch the preamp of the ADA so everything is in the axe?

Kicking myself for not buying a mp1 right before the lockdowns in march 2020. Seattle music store had 5 of them in at the time and they were gone soon after. I thought Leon's Power amp video was awesome and in it he had to go across the room to adjust gain settings in the mp1. Is it possible to just tonematch the preamp of the ADA so everything is in the axe?
I believe Leon did a tone match of the MP1, do a search on his youtube. Yep just search axechange ADA MP-1 MATCH

Someone locally has one for sale for $750 lol. wow. I bought one for $125, determined it was garbage and sold it for $300. Nostalgia is a powerful drug. IMHO. YMMV.
You ain't kidding!
The new thing on FB Marketplace seems to be 80's Peavy amps. I had the 'Bandit' as my first amp. Compared to today's amp standards, it was gross. Yet I've seen those amps priced from $300-$750....I mean, who in the world is THAT nostalgic??

Hi,

I already asked for the ADA MP-1 a long time ago.

During all these years, I still have the ADA next to my Axe in my rack and it’s the unique analog gear remaining, the Axe FX is perfect for everything else including amps.

The fact is that my MP-1 unit is not in good condition, I had three of them and had them repaired three times before. My MP-1 broke down during a show last week and that’s enough for me.

I would like to have it modelized in the Axe III.

The ADA MP-1 is a famous preamp, I’m sure a lot of people would be interested in having it in the Axe. I know some won’t agree but nobody is forced to use it.

I hope Cliff will see this. Thanks Fractal team.
I agree. I have always loved the ADA MP-1. And I know it is a controversial unit, but I also enjoyed the BBE Sonic Maximizer. Both worked very well for me.

I agree. I have always loved the ADA MP-1. And I know it is a controversial unit, but I also enjoyed the BBE Sonic Maximizer. Both worked very well for me.
Haha!

I had the BBE in my MP-1/Intellifex rig back in the day. I don't miss that thing at all, but it would be cool to see in the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom