Wish ADA MP-1

I think I know why he didn't model the ADA MP-1, it would have sounded like shit. I had the chance to play one, and I was not impressed. I think the people that used it in the 80's had a massive amount of post processing done in order to make it sound decent. It sounded shrill to me, overly compressed, and noisy as hell!
Well you know the old saying.
Opinions are like A$$holes everyone has one and they all stink!

borrowing one off my amp tech and I love it. Definitely needs a decent poweramp but that’s true of any rack preamp. Certainly nothing about it that warrants some of the negative comments here - it’s on far more classic recordings than a lot of the models already in the Fractal amp line amp. A slightly noisy design but not unusable or anything.

Perfect candidate for modelling because they’re getting old/harder to replace parts for. Being able to have the option of lower noise than the real deal is cool too

I borrowed a modded one for the recording of the 2021 Guitartalk version, I recorded the complete song "Race Against Time" with the ADA MP1 three tube version. I used my at the time Marshall JVM410H as the poweramp (putting the ada in the return)
That went through a captor X and it sounded like this:

Would be great to be able to recreate that sound in the AXE FX III so a thumbs up from me!

Back
Top Bottom