ADA MP-1

Won't load for me.
Had the axe3 about a month or two
windows 7 / ae 1.17
a3 1.17
usb 1.06, some old cable I robbed from a 12 year old printer

Nicely done, @2112 ! You have truly captured the greaze.

Off topic: I noticed the Rock Master preamp in your rack. Nice. I've got one in my FX8 test rig.

Nicely done, @2112 ! You have truly captured the greaze.

Off topic: I noticed the Rock Master preamp in your rack. Nice. I've got one in my FX8 test rig.

Oh so greasy! The Rockmaster is a really awesome pre; the active EQ is so flexible snd i love the way it feels for high gain and clean tones.

Reactions: Rex
Thanks for this Leon, your a star :) I still own a ADA MP1, it was the first ever midi pre-amp I bought years ago and even though I don't use it anymore I will never part with it, I suppose you could say for sentimental reasons, then again I never sell any gear just buy more lol.

Thanks for this Leon, your a star :) I still own a ADA MP1, it was the first ever midi pre-amp I bought years ago and even though I don't use it anymore I will never part with it, I suppose you could say for sentimental reasons, then again I never sell any gear just buy more lol.

I look at the MP-1 as a proto-modeller. They marketed them as a device that could do Marshall/Fender/JC120 tones and save working players the hassle of carting extra amps around which certainly sounds familiar :)

They're quite collectable in their original form now so hold onto it.

This sounds awesome! I added a Tubescreamer to remind me how I used to run one 20 years ago, brings back so many memories! Thanks Leon!

I look at the MP-1 as a proto-modeller. They marketed them as a device that could do Marshall/Fender/JC120 tones and save working players the hassle of carting extra amps around which certainly sounds familiar :)

They're quite collectable in their original form now so hold onto it.
Yeah that's right they did have Marshall tones etc or still do lol, I managed to get all sorts of tones with mine which covered pretty much all that I needed and at the time we were doing a wide range of covers with the band I was in.
I love the chorus on those amps for the clean sounds, very musical sounding and not a million miles away from the original Boss chorus pedals which I still think are the nicest sounding chorus ever made,..........Apart from the Axe FX of course heehee.
I love your Axe FX MP1 Preset by the way, reminds me of old times again.
I saw a couple of posts on here saying they couldn't get it to work and I had the same problem to start with but sussed it out, if anyone does have problems then try bypassing the IR Play block, that sorted it for me.

Thanks for the files Leon....I am running 1.18 and used Fractal Bot to upload....I assigned the ADA M-1 map to Preset 400 (random I know) and I can see that in Axe Edit...but when I click on the Preset button to load all the presets the position 400 is showing as EMPTY....what am I doing wrong ?
TIA

Here's the IR and patch.
Sir your dedication is admirable to say the least. Your presets (and talent) are truly spectacular. Your gifts of genius are inspiring, particularly in the current divisive country we have. Thank you for your dedication to your craft. You will be one of the frequently named reasons why newcomers purchase the III: “I wanted to sound like Leon.” Best regards...

Back
Top Bottom