ADA MP-1 Style Preset

Axe-Master
Played around with my old Mp-1 today, took some notes and came up with this. Use the controls on the PERFORM page instead of the amp block's eq page and you can tweak it roughly in line with what the Mp-1 does on the tube dist mode.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9934

UPDATE: I had a friend look at the schematic and the controls are indeed a 4 band active EQ with bass/presence shelving filters and mid/treble peaking. Schematic shows center frequencies of 160hz/600hz/1600hz/3khz so i've attached an updated version here.

Attachments

• ADA LT-1 Ver.2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Thanks a lot Leon, having too much fun with this preset!

Had to use my fave OH greenback IR instead as I don't gel with V30's, but yeah it rocks!

I tried the preset (after updating to the latest firmware) and like everyone else I loaded my favorite cabinet and I have to say this may be my new favorite preset. man, you can get some crazy pinch harmonics with this preset. thanks again Leon.

Awesome! Thank you Leon

I've just installed a new Harmonic Design Z90 bridge in a partcaster, and it sounds terrific with this preset

Last edited:
Question did the ADA not have an analog tube screamer type circuit in there , I thought there was Tube /SS
And you could blend the 2 gain controls so you could basically have a hot Marshall w a drive pedal
Maybe I am thinking of the MP2?

Question did the ADA not have an analog tube screamer type circuit in there , I thought there was Tube /SS
And you could blend the 2 gain controls so you could basically have a hot Marshall w a drive pedal
Maybe I am thinking of the MP2?
Yeah there's 2 overdrive controls with OD1 being SS and OD2 the tube drive. On my modded MP-1 the tube drive OD1 acts a mid boost while on the tube clean it acts as a clean boost. Flick the input boost on (I've set it as Shred Boost) to cop this.

I've also attached an updated preset to the original post here based on some schematic analysis.

I tried to install the latest version 2 preset and it wouldn't load. I thought maybe I needed the latest Beta firmware and the latest Axe edit. still nothing. worse than that is the the version 1 preset that I saved the other day is a name only and nothing here anymore. I can't load either preset now. which firmware and axe edit should I be using?

I tried to install the latest version 2 preset and it wouldn't load. I thought maybe I needed the latest Beta firmware and the latest Axe edit. still nothing. worse than that is the the version 1 preset that I saved the other day is a name only and nothing here anymore. I can't load either preset now. which firmware and axe edit should I be using?
I was able to load it on my FM3. Not sure if all the settings came over though. It doesn't sound as good as Leon's video

I'm on FW 21.00pb4 and Axe edit v1.12.09 and I have no issue with those presets loading , being relocated. Works fine here.

If I load the preset over an existing preset it loads an empty preset. weird. won't load over an empty preset either. don't know what else to try

Back
Top Bottom